::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2002, 01:12 AM   #1
iVTEC2K2

body kit and install

Hey guys i wanted to buy a Razzi grund affects kit ofr my 2002 civic and i was wondering how much you think it would cost to paint and install those professionaly, also if you think razzi is a goo quality product and if its good enough to pay 700 bucks for. BTW i posted htis same post elsewhere but i think i will get more feedback here than in body forum.
thanks,
Nick
Old 06-30-2002, 11:39 AM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

do u have a picture of the kit? i say just get it painted then install it yourself. it shouldnt be too hard.........

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 05:26 PM   #3
VieT916

Is the Razzi kit fiberglass or PU? Because if it's fiberglass and of low quality, it's going to be a biznitch to put on unless you know how to do your own bodywork. You'll have to trim and constantly test fit the bumpers to ensure a good fit. From my experience, PU kits are usually easier to install since you can bend them around a little to get the bumpers to fit (as long as the fitment isn't off by a lot).

And I doubt Honda wanted to change the bumper mounting design for 7G Civics, so both the front and rear ones should be held on by some clips (seen when you pop the hood or trunk) and a few screws here and there. In the front, the screws will probably be up in the fenderwell while the rear should probaby have one up in the fenderwell as well as a visible one on the "inside" of the bumper. Don't forget to check underneath for screws/clips, also.

This is all speculation since I haven't looked at the bumpers on a 7G Civic, but it still should give you a general idea of how it's done. It's not that hard to remove them, but a lot of shops make it seem like HOURS are required to remove the bumpers. Hell, I removed my T2000 front bumper and installed my stock one in about 20-25 minutes.