.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2002, 04:33 PM   #1
Ag_Accord

How to upgrade to a climate control AC??

I recently purchased a 2002 Honda Accord EX 4cyl. It came with everything I wanted and it gets great gas mileage. But, I did notice when I was test driving the V6 EX that it came with a climate control system where you could dial in a temperature and it would automatically keep the car at that temperature. I was wondering if anyone had upgraded their traditional AC controls to the Climate Control AC.

I have noticed on Ebay that you can purchase the actual control unit that fits into the dash for about $75-$100.00. Can I just switch out this unit with my unit, or is it more complicated then that? Is it possible to swith out the units at all, or should I just forget about it?

Thanks for any information on this subject

Ag_Accord
Old 08-14-2002, 05:47 PM   #2
azn_nite_ryder

first off welcome to the board
but pls for future reference dont double post on multiple forums... we'll let you off easy this time... LOL.. just kidding.....

as for your question... im not too sure sure about... since the newer models do have the option of having climate control or not... my guess would be that you can interchange them.. just make sure to go ask the dealer if you ahve to buy any other type of parts that goes along with it....