::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2003, 06:18 PM   #1
bent_remy

95 civic VS. Pontiac WS6

I'm coming home from shcool for the holiday about a month after swapping in b16a2. I'm on a strait road on I-81 south crusing through Kirkwood, N.Y at about 75. I pull up to this white trans am with jet black tint. I drop to 3 rd and take off not expecting what would happen to me next. (I'm unfamiliar with domestic cars and I thought that with my me engine I was the fastest thing on 4 wheels. I speed up 80 to 85 drop to fourth at 8500 rpm puch it to a hundred forced to shift to fifth. This guy is right on my tail. Increase to about 127 where my accleration stops. This guy pulls up next to me and at approx 125 and then takes off like I was standing still. I was stunned! I had never seen are car acclerated from over 120mph like that in person in my entire life. He probally doing between 140-145 and like 4 car lenghts ahead of me. I slow down with my confidence shattered . About five miles later the road I see this guy crusing. I pull up slowly (were going downhill now through Penn.) I floor it, catch up to him and pass him doing at least 130 ( which by the way is the fastest I ever gone in my car {the vtec was not hooked up at this point}). My cousin is in the passenger seat cheering me on when this guy does it agian. This was starting to get me upset. He slowed downedand toyed with me for the next 35 miles. Letting me catch up just to leave me in dust. I had no chance in hell of beating him.
He had the sick indicators that relayed from right to left when he put the signal on it looked sort of like night rider. I don't knwo what he had in that ride but it was the fastet car I ever raced. All I now is it said WS6 in red letters on the right rear side. I never thought I would get murded my a damn pontiac! I any one know about that car please give me somw specs. Or if your driving through Penn and see a white one crusing..........race him at ya own risk.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:45 PM   #2
ShEaNy

wow im amazed he ONLY beat u by 4 car lenghts..i woulda thought bus lenghts....but i know nothing either lol...good try...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 06:50 PM   #3
a96710

nice try
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 07:00 PM   #4
silver

I am a banana and i like to dance.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 07:32 PM   #5
bent_remy

Quote:
Originally posted by sheany_91accord
wow im amazed he ONLY beat u by 4 car lenghts..i woulda thought bus lenghts....but i know nothing either lol...good try...

He was playing around with me. He could have left me in another state if he really wanted to. I didn't have a chance and he knen that. But I don't care I'll race anybody. I don't give a .
Old 01-08-2003, 09:04 PM   #6
V8killimports

What's wrong with pontiac? Their Firebird line is always pretty quick. WS6 is the wrong one to be taking on... but a regular firebird would have eaten you too...
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 11:45 AM   #7
SVT Cobra

lol.... u had not a chance in hell. that thing would rape you in reverse. if it was an LS1 WS6, stock it has about 317 to the wheels which is about 350-360hp. and yea....they are even faster at high speeds. exhaust, air lid, and gears put those into the mid 12's.
Old 01-11-2003, 04:07 PM   #8
ford50forlife
4th Gear

your telling me you fended him off UNTIL 120MPH WITHOUT VTEC?????

let me get this straight....... correct me if im wrong but your motor sounds like a 160-168hp motor and i hope if you swapped it you had bolt ons.... so around 140-150whp pulling 2400-2900lbs and without vtec i assume its less is good for roughly mid to high 14's with decent street tires @ around mid 90 traps (if you had vtec)... vs. a car that stock from the factory does mid 13's at around 107-110 traps? im suprised you fended him off for so long... i think he was in overdrive the whole time and just started to try @ 120

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 06:03 PM   #9
Kyle
elyK

man...he makes this thread just to compliment WS6's and says that the other drive was just messing with him...and you still have to nag him about useless shit...damn...just chillout

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 12:28 AM   #10
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife

let me get this straight....... correct me if im wrong but your motor sounds like a 160-168hp motor and i hope if you swapped it you had bolt ons.... so around 140-150whp pulling 2400-2900lbs and without vtec i assume its less is good for roughly mid to high 14's with decent street tires @ around mid 90 traps (if you had vtec)... vs. a car that stock from the factory does mid 13's at around 107-110 traps? im suprised you fended him off for so long... i think he was in overdrive the whole time and just started to try @ 120

The guy was just messing with him. And bent knows that.....

The WS6 are the wrong ones to mess with. Guess you know that now.
Old 01-12-2003, 11:24 AM   #11
speedracerTA

Even the regular T/A's are tough to mess with. Got mine dynoed at 329 hp and completely stock. Guess I got a good one. Most are usually around 315 hp. I've had some people race me. I just need some good tires. These stock ones are wearin down quick. And I don't normally race people.
Old 01-12-2003, 12:07 PM   #12
Wren57

Nice try... hehe... I love getting T/As to race just to watch them disappear into the horizon... as for a regular firebird beating him, I dunno about that. I run DEAD EVEN with every firebird I have ever raced (about 10 or so)...
Old 01-12-2003, 07:34 PM   #13
AJ1978TA

All the V8 models of the same year run close to the others, like the Formula for example, it's close to a T/A or WS6. The higher models add a little suspension and maybe ram air or something, in addition to some appearance changes. The Z28 and SS are the same as well. Good race tho. I would never run anyone from a roll in my 3 speed pos lol. Who knows what I top out at, and how long it would take me to get there. I would run out of gearing. Then again, I do have cheesy stock highway gears, with a crap ratio, but I can't pull anything from a roll regardless.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:23 PM   #14
DomesticImport

firebirds R cool
Old 01-17-2003, 05:08 PM   #15
jwilk95EXCIV

Quote:
Originally posted by DomesticImport
firebirds R cool

.....*sigh*
Old 01-18-2003, 08:07 AM   #16
bent_remy

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife

FEND HIM OFF! Are you on dope!?! I didn't fend him off until 120. If you read about the way he pukked off on me like I was standing still you'd realize that I had no chance from the start and I only was able to do what he allowed me to do. Get It strait.
Old 01-18-2003, 08:20 AM   #17
bent_remy

But in all honesty my car is not that slow. I finally got the v-tec hooked up and the person who had my engine before ( a friend of mine that upgraded to a b18c5 JDM ) had some minor head work done, my ecu chipped and I have just about all the bolt-on's you can have short of turbo or nitros. I did 112 in forth at approx 8700 rpm and (thanks to Skunk 2) my redline is 9000. If you don't believe me then come see me. BUT DON'T GET IT TWISTED CUZ I STILL HAD NO CHANCE!!!
Old 01-18-2003, 11:38 PM   #18
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by bent_remy
But in all honesty my car is not that slow. I finally got the v-tec hooked up and the person who had my engine before ( a friend of mine that upgraded to a b18c5 JDM ) had some minor head work done, my ecu chipped and I have just about all the bolt-on's you can have short of turbo or nitros. I did 112 in forth at approx 8700 rpm and (thanks to Skunk 2) my redline is 9000. If you don't believe me then come see me. BUT DON'T GET IT TWISTED CUZ I STILL HAD NO CHANCE!!!

9grand... dear god if i did that id have a custom hood with 8 "SPEED HOLES"

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 08:32 AM   #19
Hoss

Re: 95 civic VS. Pontiac WS6

Quote:
Originally posted by bent_remy
All I now is it said WS6 in red letters on the right rear side.

Watch out not all TAs have that badge alot of us are sleepers