.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2002, 07:20 PM   #1
veX

College--Ladies plz read this

Ladies, what do you think about long distance relationships. I mean the answer is obvious: it's very difficult, but can be done nevertheless.

I'm here at the University of Hartford (Connecticut) and my gf and I struggle with this long distance thing.

she cheated on me the first week I was gone and we were togther for 2 years! She was really upset that I left and she got trashed and did some stuff she now regrets.

I'm no better. I cheated on here because I KNEW she'd do it to me. I wasn't guessing, I felt it. I knew it was going to happen. I know it wasn't right but I'm not going to be the one left and sad.

Being apart puts a great stress on us, as we both get very iritable with one another. Somehow, just somehow we keep coming back to one another. We love each other very much and are looking to go to school close together. (She's a senior in HS)

Ladies- what do you think will happen? Her and I make it through every obstacle. We've already faced great odds and still we feel we belong together.

Anyone else in a similar boat? :o
Old 11-23-2002, 10:41 PM   #2
spoogenet

I'm not exactly a lady, but it sounds to me like you both have issues. Obviously neither of you feels excessively strong about infidelity. Does she know you cheated on her?

To me it sounds a little immature and cruel to cheat on her just cuz she'd do it to you. It's the whole Chris Rock "free f*ck" card. That's just my opinion based upon how I feel relationships should be and how I'd feel if someone did it to me. I'm not trying to judge you.

If you don't want to be the one left crying then I suggest you just break up with her and move on. If things work out later then they work out, if they don't, they don't. I don't like to drag things on that are doomed to fail, however your relationship isn't necessarily destined to fail. It will be hard and with each day that passes where you don't see one another it will possibly get worse.

If you truly feel she is the love of your life then by all means do whatever you must do to keep the pilot light of love alive. It's never a good idea to pass up on what could be "the one." On that note, you could be missing lots of great opportunities while you're at school. It is possible you will waste your time with her and miss out on some great girls.

Equally when she gets to college it'll change things as well. Ever watch Road Trip? I've seen people grow apart like that time and time again, just none of them involved a video tape erroneously mailed to the other.

Nobody can tell you what to do, but if all else fails just flip a coin. 50-50 chance if it's a fair coin.

If Miss Cleo wasn't shut down by the FCC you could try calling her.

b
Old 11-23-2002, 10:56 PM   #3
mt.biker

I'll make this short and to the point. Your both too messed up to consider being in a relationship with eachother. For you to BOTH cheat on eachother goes to show how much the other person doesn't mean anything to you.

you should be ashamed of yourself for doing it and never get back together with this girl. You're both whores!

Very blunt and too the point i know and too bad if you get mad with me. The one thing i can't stand is cheating!
Old 11-24-2002, 02:49 PM   #4
veX

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
I'll make this short and to the point. Your both too messed up to consider being in a relationship with eachother. For you to BOTH cheat on eachother goes to show how much the other person doesn't mean anything to you.

you should be ashamed of yourself for doing it and never get back together with this girl. You're both whores!

Very blunt and too the point i know and too bad if you get mad with me. The one thing i can't stand is cheating!

Ever been cheated on? Ever put all of your emotions into something and had it shit on? I felt the same way you did once. Until I was crushed. Then it's not cheating any more. It becomes something less serious. You almost take on the attitude "Well, I've already lost it, I might as well..."

I didn't give the full story. Yes I know I made a mistake and I otherwise wouldn't have cheated in retaliation. I don't know. I feel like I need this but at the same time I'm not going to be punched in the gutt without hitting back.
Old 11-24-2002, 02:54 PM   #5
mt.biker

Guess it all depends what you figure getting even is. Sinking to her level isn't getting even its showing her you can be just as bad and both you two lose. If you had just ended it with her you two would have been better off.
Now you both have to forgive eachother for your mistakes, instead of you just forgiving her. Either way once a cheater always a cheater. Move on with your life and find a better girl, they are out there.
Old 11-24-2002, 04:02 PM   #6
veX

Old 11-24-2002, 09:15 PM   #7
SofaKingSmooth

Ladies, please dont even try to do it, guys you are stupid to think that it can work... dont get me wrong it can but only for a while. i dated this girl for a while joined the air force and then when i came home she was taking good care of a friend of mine, needless to say he is not a friend anymore and well they are not allowed to eat in any place where my friends work. they will be goood for eachother, i think that they have both goten real fat.
Old 11-24-2002, 10:48 PM   #8
veX

Quote:
Originally posted by SofaKingSmooth
Ladies, please dont even try to do it, guys you are stupid to think that it can work... dont get me wrong it can but only for a while. i dated this girl for a while joined the air force and then when i came home she was taking good care of a friend of mine, needless to say he is not a friend anymore and well they are not allowed to eat in any place where my friends work. they will be goood for eachother, i think that they have both goten real fat.

Obvious words of wisdom from a person who has experienced real love. (Not puppy love)
Old 11-25-2002, 03:11 AM   #9
Lovebuzz13

I personally wouldn't even try the long distance thing.
Old 11-25-2002, 08:09 AM   #10
incubus86

i did the long distance thing. I was in Colorado and my girl in PA. It takes a lot of trust and apparently you both don't have it....
Old 11-25-2002, 09:41 PM   #11
veX

I just found out tonight she's had sex with someone else.

Guess it's over. What a shitty way to end a 2 year relationship.:o