Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2002, 05:45 PM   #1
Clev92Accord

My Honda is messed up,,,,help please

Hello,
Ok, I went to start my Accord this afternoon and it wouldn't start. It cranked but wouldnt turn over. Also, my "D-4" light in insturment panel was flashing. So, I put it into N and it started, but when I went to put it into d4 to drive it was extremely sluggish. The RPM went up like usual but the power was bad. I got going in first and up but 4 and 3 are pretty bad. Any ideas what is wrong? I did nothing and didnt notice anything wrong the night before when I drove about 30 miles, all was right, till this afternoon. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys!

argh!!
Old 09-07-2002, 11:54 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

the carnk and won't start part is because of your fuel pump relay. it costs about 70 from the dealer, or you can fix it yourself. you need to pull out the relay from under the dash and solder 2 connectors. for the flasing d4 there is one messed up sensor. i don't know which one. i had it changed a while back and the total bill was 400 and something.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 03:06 PM   #3
Clev92Accord

$400 eh? Ouch. That is one thing I dislike about Hondas, everytime they take a crap on ya it costs a helluva-lot, unless u can do it yourself. Well heres an update, I went down to try it again and it started right up, no flashing D4 light, and this morning I took it to work on the freeway and opened it up,,,no problems what so ever,,same coming home. kinda weird,,prob my luck it is a computer problem :(
Thanks for the replay bro!!
Old 09-09-2002, 03:09 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

mine had the same thing before crapping out. it did that for like 2 mos before being unable to get the car to move

Old 09-09-2002, 03:37 PM   #5
accordboy00

The flashing D4 idicates a problem in your tranny. May also be why your shifting and ride are sluggish. Have the tranny checked out. My car is two years old and has gone through two trannies. I am currently on my 3rd Honda-bought tranny. They SUCK!!!
Old 09-09-2002, 06:38 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yup aut trannies from honda kind of suck. usually th valve bodies get clogged and do not allow for proper shifting