.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Fast and Furious Females
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2003, 12:21 AM   #481
DelSolStylin

This sounds a lot like the discussions we have in my Multicultural Communications class..wow i guess you do really use that stuff in real life. But yea if you consider the whole cycle of how it affects women in general (making Asian girls feel like they have to live up to a certain stereotype which isnt all that great anyway since it objectifies them; and making white girls feel like they aren't exotic enough for guys..etc etc) and then i think about how unfair it because the guys who posted above all fall into the category of guys who add to the "problem". but yes you were all right, to each his own. however i also think personal preference is greatly influenced by stereotypes and how we percieve attractiveness and so you can't really say its all a matter of preference.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:20 AM   #482
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by DelSolStylin
This sounds a lot like the discussions we have in my Multicultural Communications class..wow i guess you do really use that stuff in real life. But yea if you consider the whole cycle of how it affects women in general (making Asian girls feel like they have to live up to a certain stereotype which isnt all that great anyway since it objectifies them; and making white girls feel like they aren't exotic enough for guys..etc etc) and then i think about how unfair it because the guys who posted above all fall into the category of guys who add to the "problem". but yes you were all right, to each his own. however i also think personal preference is greatly influenced by stereotypes and how we percieve attractiveness and so you can't really say its all a matter of preference.

I didn't see anybody make any reference to Asian girls fitting into a stereotype or white girls not being exotic enough. Speaking of stereotypes, I think you've managed to stereotype us.

Now lots of people tell me I've got an "Asian fetish" just because if you take a pretty white girl and a pretty Asian girl, I'll probably think the Asian girl looks better. Now I tend to think of it from more of an art perspective. You can walk into a gallery and see two pictures next to one another. Chances are you'll like one more than the other, even if critics and the majority of people say they like the other or the pictures are comparable. Does that mean you'd have a fetish for that picture? Of course the definition of a fetish is something that arouses you sexually more than just about anything else. Thinking a girl looks good or preferring a certain look doesn't translate to a turnon, at least not for me. It takes a whole helluva lot more than good looks to turn me on, it takes the whole girl. A good looking b*tch won't get me going anymore than a fat ugly b*tch will....they're both b*tches so I won't be interested.

Just from a looks perspective, I like dark skin and dark hair. I wouldn't ever rule out a girl because she's blond or has fair skin. Equally I wouldn't just date an Asian girl cuz she's Asian, or date any girl just because she looks good....it takes more than looks to build a relationship.

b
Old 06-04-2003, 09:09 AM   #483
SolPol

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet
I didn't see anybody make any reference to Asian girls fitting into a stereotype or white girls not being exotic enough. Speaking of stereotypes, I think you've managed to stereotype us.

Now lots of people tell me I've got an "Asian fetish" just because if you take a pretty white girl and a pretty Asian girl, I'll probably think the Asian girl looks better. Now I tend to think of it from more of an art perspective. You can walk into a gallery and see two pictures next to one another. Chances are you'll like one more than the other, even if critics and the majority of people say they like the other or the pictures are comparable. Does that mean you'd have a fetish for that picture? Of course the definition of a fetish is something that arouses you sexually more than just about anything else. Thinking a girl looks good or preferring a certain look doesn't translate to a turnon, at least not for me. It takes a whole helluva lot more than good looks to turn me on, it takes the whole girl. A good looking b*tch won't get me going anymore than a fat ugly b*tch will....they're both b*tches so I won't be interested.

Just from a looks perspective, I like dark skin and dark hair. I wouldn't ever rule out a girl because she's blond or has fair skin. Equally I wouldn't just date an Asian girl cuz she's Asian, or date any girl just because she looks good....it takes more than looks to build a relationship.

b

That all sounds about right. I wouldn't not date a gurl because she is blonde and pale. I just happen to prefer dark complexion and dark hair. That's from a looks perspective. There's a lot more to it than just looks.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:41 AM   #484
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

to be completely scientific, and you can believe it or not, it really goes to the fact that men want to spread their genes to as many women as possible, if not as far away from where they started as possible.

This is a prime example, as in this country (or this part of the world) there are lots of pale white european originated males (yes and females), that really like the dark skinned, and in this case, Asian women. Theyre different in looks, culture, and whatever from them; therefore, on the primal level, "theyre hot".

Then there are the other guys that just want the jdm gf to match the car

we sould start a new thread for this...
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 11:44 AM   #485
SolPol

You love that new smiley don't ya.

I agree with what you're saying though.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:47 AM   #486
pdiggitydogg

lol I am in love w/ the thumbs up guy...im so happy we have one now...you have no idea how long ive wanted one here. I used to go around stealing other boards thumbs up guys for my posts here.

Thanks chief...you finally heard my pleads
Old 06-05-2003, 12:54 PM   #487
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
to be completely scientific, and you can believe it or not, it really goes to the fact that men want to spread their genes to as many women as possible, if not as far away from where they started as possible.

This is a prime example, as in this country (or this part of the world) there are lots of pale white european originated males (yes and females), that really like the dark skinned, and in this case, Asian women. Theyre different in looks, culture, and whatever from them; therefore, on the primal level, "theyre hot".

Then there are the other guys that just want the jdm gf to match the car

we sould start a new thread for this...

So you're saying it's the good 'ole "let's all f*ck till we're all the same color" idea? <-- that rocks.

I haven't ever thought of things that way but it could be true, there are lots of strange biological driving forces behind many seemingly simple things....

But then most white guys I know aren't into Asian women at all......explain that one.

b
Old 06-05-2003, 02:21 PM   #488
pbateson

I like the girl with a tan skins.
Old 06-05-2003, 02:42 PM   #489
DelSolStylin

I'm sorry I didnt mean to stereotype you guys if I did. Thanks for clarifying when you said you wouldn't not date someone just because they weren't Asian etc. etc. That's all I was trying to say and I agree that it takes more than looks to build a relationship. Ha!
Old 06-06-2003, 11:34 AM   #490
spoogenet

Quote:
it takes more than looks to build a relationship.

Sho 'nuff. Too bad lots of people don't understand that. I guess many people grow out of it, I think in younger years people only care about how people look or who's popular. But I do know some older guys who still just "fall in love" with the good looking girls, no matter how stupid or b*tchy they are.......*shrug* I guess that means more nice girls for me....

Now if only I could find a single girl.....

b
Old 06-06-2003, 02:13 PM   #491
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Who cares.
Get back to the pictures!

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 05:52 PM   #492
mylittlecivic

barf

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.

Last edited by mylittlecivic : 06-12-2003 at 01:06 AM.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 09:56 PM   #493
thermal
Banning Machine

Re: Re: Rachel..

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle
Wow!

I second in motion!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 10:11 PM   #494
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch
Yeah, I've heard of them, but I don't know anything about them, or anyone in the team. The 3 main teams around here are TKR, IKON, and iMotion......I'm in the last one. How did you hear or Diabolique?

Have you heard of CTEC? Man I miss Houston.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 01:10 AM   #495
pbateson

nice picture Anna!

Old 06-07-2003, 01:31 AM   #496
HndaTch627

me thinks anna needs her head examined very nice hun

Jeremy
Old 06-07-2003, 01:34 AM   #497
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by HndaTch627
me thinks anna needs her head examined very nice hun

Jeremy

me too

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 09:12 PM   #498
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

YEs I like the picture!!!

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 06-09-2003, 12:18 AM   #499
juvenile

It looks nice!
Old 06-09-2003, 12:38 AM   #500
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic
barf

What are you talking about Anna? You need to get some self esteem because you look great!!!

Don't be so hard on yourself.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 02:19 PM   #501
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
What are you talking about Anna? You need to get some self esteem because you look great!!!

Don't be so hard on yourself.

True that!!!

Old 06-09-2003, 11:01 PM   #502
pdiggitydogg

there's a lot of low self-esteem from the ladies on this site
Old 06-11-2003, 10:19 AM   #503
DelSolStylin

It's not low self esteem, it's called fishing for compliments..

(as I post my picture LOL)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 99.jpg (12.2 KB, 187 views)
Old 06-11-2003, 10:29 AM   #504
SolPol

No need for you to fish lady, you are pretty damn hot. My brother lives in Seattle, my Mom is moving there with her new husband end of this month.

Can I come visit?
Old 06-11-2003, 10:36 AM   #505
DelSolStylin

Haha ok, I can't take you to any bars, I'm only 18, but we can play mini golf or something!
Old 06-11-2003, 10:58 AM   #506
SolPol

Well, I do love mini golf, it's fun. We could just head up to Canada if you wanna go drinking
Old 06-11-2003, 11:01 AM   #507
HndaTch627

Quote:
It's not low self esteem, it's called fishing for compliments..

(as I post my picture LOL)
you don't have to fish for compliments as any guy lucky enough to snag a girl who's as level headed as you are at 18 and has the talent you do would be very lucky.

the womens movement hurt a lot of women because a lot of guys are confused on how to even compliment someone anymore without the fear of offending them.

jeremy
Old 06-11-2003, 02:21 PM   #508
DelSolStylin

I'm not really looking to be "snagged" right now but thanks for the compliment I'm really picky so its hard to find someone who meets my standards (sadly I have only met one guy who does and I had the chance but now he is out of reach) It would be cool to see some pics of you guys..
Old 06-11-2003, 04:29 PM   #509
pbateson

What about Golf? Can we play at the golf course?

I do play mini-golf like a putter.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:58 PM   #510
juvenile

Julie, you look MUCH better with your hair down. I don't mean to sound rude but I saw your previous pics with hair down and I just think it suites you more.
Old 06-11-2003, 05:49 PM   #511
pdiggitydogg

julies a cutie thats for sure...and i like your hair better up
Old 06-11-2003, 06:57 PM   #512
wheresmylicense

i love your eyes, julie... beautiful

Pictures of My Baby
wheresmylicense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 10:22 PM   #513
DelSolStylin

Thanks guys! I prefer my hair down, but it gets in my face too much so I end up wearing it up. So..where are the pics of everyone else?
Old 06-11-2003, 10:33 PM   #514
pdiggitydogg

^everyone else are slackers
Old 06-11-2003, 10:36 PM   #515
wheresmylicense

it was originally an all-girls post... remember?

Pictures of My Baby
wheresmylicense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 11:12 PM   #516
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

And everybody else doesn't have pics of themselves online.

Old 06-12-2003, 12:03 AM   #517
pbateson

Juile,

Your hair look much better.

You are a good-looking, and cutie. :thumbup:
Old 06-14-2003, 01:30 PM   #518
maikoshi

Um.. guess yall blind cuz I post pix of myself all the time..?
Old 06-16-2003, 09:48 AM   #519
SolPol

That's right, and they look good too. I know others have said it if I forgot to.
Old 06-18-2003, 04:41 PM   #520
maikoshi

haha That's not what I was going for. Just tryin to say I'm not a slacker.

Umm anyways I look like shit here, I was all party [hardly] @ a club. Kinda drunk & ugly view. Kinda bad lighting and wuteva
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crazyclubnights.jpg (24.8 KB, 181 views)