::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2003, 11:29 PM   #1
SYNCHRO

Hesitation in the engine

Well, a few months ago, I hit my exhaust tips on a curb while backing up. After that, I've had this skip in my engine, usually when I start off, and sometimes in the rest of the gears depending on how hard I try to push the gas in. When I hit the exhaust, all it did was bend some of the pipe, but I had that fixed. Since that time, I've replaced the primary O2 sensor, and I just replaced the timing belt today, but it still skips. I replaced the spark plugs and wires about two weeks before I hit the exhaust pipe. I even cleaned the fuel injectors. I only have a few options left on what it could be. I haven't changed the fuel filter in a while, so I'm going to do that very soon. Also, I think maybe the throttle position sensor might be bad. It might even be possible that one of the plugs might have fouled out too. Fuel pump maybe??? The engine isn't throwing any codes at all. Anybody ever had the same problem, or know what I might should check?
Old 06-26-2003, 11:16 AM   #2
pimpinprelude

hummmmm you could have crimped something in the cat.... or it could be totaly unrelated to hitting the curb...
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 01:16 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i think it's more related to the ignition system, like a bad coil or igniter unit. does the car start hard in the morning ? also a stuck open egr valve could be the problem. there are so many options. ohh and btw are you using bosch plugs ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 12:34 AM   #4
SYNCHRO

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
i think it's more related to the ignition system, like a bad coil or igniter unit. does the car start hard in the morning ? also a stuck open egr valve could be the problem. there are so many options. ohh and btw are you using bosch plugs ?

Lol, no I'm not using the "Bosch Platinum" plugs. Those things suck.....lol! I'm just thinking about taking it to a shop and letting them determine the real problem without me having to spend mucho money trying to play trial and error with it. The car doens't start hard at all at any time. The only weird thing that it does is just hesistate from time to time. The only problem is that there are no other signs at all to tell me the real problem, and with the way that it looks right now, there could be a few solutions. I'm just not sure what to do, so I might just let a mechanic look at it. Thanks fellas.