::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2003, 03:05 PM   #1
seanjuan

best place to get stuff quick

I'm ordering my b16a tomorrow morning and it should arrive at my mechanics shop middle of next week for install. I know there are a few parts I am going to need and I'm just wondering where is a good place to get these things cheap and quick.

I've heard that I'll need new radiator hoses and I want to get some poly motor mount inserts (energy suspension). New plugs and wires as well (NGK or Magnecor wires) (what type of plugs should I get?) I think those are the only things that I need right now unless someone knows of something else I'll need for this swap.
it's a "complete swap" with shift linkage, axles, ECU, starter, alternator, distrib, etc.

thanks
Old 06-25-2003, 03:23 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

autozone should have all that stuff...or most of it (no nrg suspension stuff)

stick with ngk

congrats on the swap...damn i wish i could have mine now...but wheels are primary for me
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 04:50 PM   #3
seanjuan

-diggity
forget the wheels, yours look just fine. I'm rolling on 14" HX wheels and I'm perfectly happy with puting my money towards performance before style. Besides if you are going with big wheels you just asking for trouble if your driving on public roads, I know too many people who busted up there 17s/18s on pot holes.

anyway, thanks for the reply
Old 06-25-2003, 04:56 PM   #4
Mischief(LTS)

i disagree, RIMS!!!!! image first
Old 06-25-2003, 06:25 PM   #5
2KSI

nah its all about mashin the pedal before show. it is a wolf in stock civic clothing
Old 06-25-2003, 07:10 PM   #6
pdiggitydogg

pedal is as far as it goes for the y8...i NEED my 16" bronze c8's...the wheels I have on there right now are soooo shitty...

and hx rims are pimp...if theyre the non black steelies anyway
Old 06-25-2003, 07:14 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i'd help you out with the motormounts inserts but after the show with the warehouse this week i doubt i will do any business with them anymore

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 07:19 PM   #8
pdiggitydogg

uh oh...doesnt sound like good news...id aim ya but im on the reformat...pm me w/ details of this shi-at
Old 06-25-2003, 11:37 PM   #9
pimpinprelude

"disagree, RIMS!!!!! image first" people wont be looking at your rims if you pass them so fast that dont know whats going on....
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 11:59 PM   #10
JamieS697

yea but the cop will be looking at your rims as he pulls you over!!

j/m im an image first
Old 06-26-2003, 07:43 AM   #11
seanjuan

I have the 6th gen HX rims... I think they are 7 spoke. They look great, cost me nothing no one will ever guess there is a JDM powerplant with a LSD making sure both wheels will be laying rubber under the hood of my car ;-)

-Hondaman... what's the deal with the warehouse? That was sort of a cryptic message. I'll let you know what parts I'm going to want as soon as the whole swap ordeal is complete and I know what I have left for cash.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:01 PM   #12
WhiteSleeper

I'm on the power side. I say go for power first. Would you rather have a car that's fun to drive or looks cool? I say fun to drive. My brother has a 92 Civic hatch that we take out in the desert and rally. That's a lot cooler than trying to look like a pimp, rollin on dubs (if you ask me). He also has a 88 CRX Si, swapped and fully modded.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:53 PM   #13
nonovurbizniz

^Seriously..

Rims are lame imo.. get cheap light ones... that's about as far as my requirements go... oh ya and if you rock over a 15 on a civic you're killing your power.

as far as quick parts I'm gunna recommend summit shipping is free and it gets there in 2-3 days. I've ordered stuff on a wed and got it on friday a couple times.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:54 PM   #14
seanjuan

Well, the engine is on the mastercard now and should be here next week. I ended up going through Japan Direct (www.usedengine.com) out in NC. I talked with the guy a couple times on the phone and they are listed with the BBB so I am not too worried about it... just excited.

Yeah, I'm happy with my 14"s, the only problem is that you can't put big breaks inside of them and I would like to upgrade my front breaks at somepoint.

I'll check out summit
and I'll let you know how everything goes with the swap