::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2005, 10:28 AM   #1
AkimboStylee

Well im hopping on the bandwagon!!!

well i went to take my motorcycle saftey class. cause in 4 months i am recieving a graduation present.

2005 suzuki GSXR-750

i was going to get a 600 but it is physically to small for me. i rode my frinds bike after the class and it was fun

Last edited by AkimboStylee : 03-11-2005 at 11:32 AM.
AkimboStylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:34 AM   #2
Mischief

luckyyyy

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:37 AM   #3
AkimboStylee

i know, i used the i really need a bike to help me save on gas lie on my parents and they took it. also another thing i found out i dont need insurance on a bike. when i register the bike all i need is helmet and pay 60 and i get a tag for it and everything. this way i can save money and put another engine in the civic(b18c1 with a super t-60, intercooler and the works, greddy type-s blow off valve, and other few goodies) i am so happy. all this cause i got a new job that pays well over 60,000 a year!!! im a pastry chef a resort so i am happy!!!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 10:41 AM   #4
Mischief

I'd get insurance still.. trust me.. I knew this guy from Miami that had got a bike and did the whole "hey I don't need insurance so I won't get it" deal and his bike ended up stolen a month later

Old 03-11-2005, 11:02 AM   #5
AkimboStylee

good point, but we have these parking spaces taht have a slot and a local shop sells these locks that go through the wheel and keeps it to the ground. plus at home it will be in my house( gotta love buying a house that old handicapped people lived in, has extra wide doors for wheel chairs) but yeah i will probably get basic coverage
Old 03-11-2005, 12:39 PM   #6
Mischief

Quote:
Originally posted by krwheeler85
good point, but we have these parking spaces taht have a slot and a local shop sells these locks that go through the wheel and keeps it to the ground. plus at home it will be in my house( gotta love buying a house that old handicapped people lived in, has extra wide doors for wheel chairs) but yeah i will probably get basic coverage
can never be too careful.. the guy lived in a gated community and a gated parking garage and it was still stolen.. just be careful to who you show off it to.. like people you barely know
Old 03-11-2005, 02:02 PM   #7
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Physically too small for you? How so? Height/weight?
Gixxer 750's have an amazing amount of power dude...Do us and yourself a favor..and respect the machine...do not take the power of those things for granted...they get away on you so fast.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 03:00 PM   #8
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Smart thing taking the course, but man you better be careful on that 750! Its definately not a toy, especially for beginners. Respect the throttle, and it will respect you. Goodluck with the new bike.

One other thing... An '05 Gix, isn't much larger size wise then a 600.. Just more motor.

I agree on the insurance thing.. Especially on a Race Rep.. Those things are like candy for theives.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:43 PM   #9
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

One other thing... An '05 Gix, isn't much larger size wise then a 600.. Just more motor.

See that's what I'm thinking also....just more power...i know that i woudln't recomment a 750 for a starter bike.
Also..lets see some pics of this bastard.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 03-11-2005, 05:27 PM   #10
esthirteen

yea, lets see some pictures...
Old 03-11-2005, 07:46 PM   #11
Mischief

he doesn't get it for another four months if you fockers could read :P

Old 03-12-2005, 12:00 AM   #12
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by Mischief
he doesn't get it for another four months if you fockers could read :P

Actually we can read..and i realize that...I was referring to when he get's it..considering the 2k5's just came out a little while ago

Old 03-12-2005, 01:33 AM   #13
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

man...I can't even ride a bicycle. If I could own a bike though, I'd want a Kawasaki ZII 750. Old school. Maybe a Triumph bike. Sport bikes I'm sure are fun, but every time I see a guy on one I have flashbacks of the early 90's and Vanilla Ice.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 09:34 AM   #14
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
man...I can't even ride a bicycle. If I could own a bike though, I'd want a Kawasaki ZII 750. Old school. Maybe a Triumph bike. Sport bikes I'm sure are fun, but every time I see a guy on one I have flashbacks of the early 90's and Vanilla Ice.

What's wrong with Cool as Ice? bwahahahahahahaha
oh man....thinking of that makes me laugh.

Old 03-12-2005, 09:41 PM   #15
AkimboStylee

i need a little extra power cuase of my size, i rode a 600, and i rode a 750, and i liked the 750, and ive riden bikes before, but they were harleys, but i still get the idea, i just took the course so i could get my liscence
Old 03-13-2005, 03:04 AM   #16
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
i need a little extra power cuase of my size, i rode a 600, and i rode a 750, and i liked the 750, and ive riden bikes before, but they were harleys, but i still get the idea, i just took the course so i could get my liscence

Still...you didn't answer my question...what is your height and weight....???

My friend with a gixxer6...says..."a gixxer6 is enough power...unless you are good rider...you are wasting your money..because your never going to use yoru power with a 750..."

Have fun on it....

but..what do i know..i'm drunk...
he's sober..

Old 03-16-2005, 10:35 AM   #17
AkimboStylee

after days of deliberation(and riding around on various bikes!!!!) a 600 is perfect for me, i thought that i wouldn't have a good time, but now i am afraid of a gixxer750, it is just well too fucking fast
Old 03-16-2005, 10:38 AM   #18
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
after days of deliberation(and riding around on various bikes!!!!) a 600 is perfect for me, i thought that i wouldn't have a good time, but now i am afraid of a gixxer750, it is just well too fucking fast

Sweet deal man!
My brother and best friend have R1's..and they ride my R6 once and a while......and they forget how much power they have.

Old 03-16-2005, 04:52 PM   #19
AkimboStylee

the first 600 i test drove was slower/and sluggish compared to the second 600 i drove. so i dont know i want to buy that first one, cause i think that there might be something wrong with it.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:28 PM   #20
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
the first 600 i test drove was slower/and sluggish compared to the second 600 i drove. so i dont know i want to buy that first one, cause i think that there might be something wrong with it.
Well what kind of bikes are they man...??

Old 03-17-2005, 01:35 PM   #21
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Yeah, do tell... Any of the new 600s are blazing fast, more so then just about any could or should use on the street. Hell all of those little bastards will do about 150mph.

There is nothing wrong with taking the MSF course whether you've ridden before or not it's a smart thing to do either way.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:31 PM   #22
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Yeah, do tell... Any of the new 600s are blazing fast, more so then just about any could or should use on the street. Hell all of those little bastards will do about 150mph.

There is nothing wrong with taking the MSF course whether you've ridden before or not it's a smart thing to do either way.

Exactly...most NEWer 600's will beat most old 750s...if not 1000's

Old 03-18-2005, 01:55 AM   #23
AkimboStylee

they were all gixxers, but one of them was wierd compared to the others, maybe it was never riden before i test drove it

i am in the middle of taking the class, for my drivng record(lets not go there) i have to take 3 four hour sitdown classes, and3 2 hour riding sessions, its pretty cool