::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2002, 01:03 AM   #1
thatguyX

replacing stock wheels

ok, i have a 2001 honda accord lx v6, the one with the gay hub caps, my plan is to replace the 15" hub caps with 18" rh evolution s7s, and i'm not sure what times (suggestions VERY welcome). but i remember reading something about going diffferent sizes, every inch is a stage? can i put on the s7's without any problem? like it wont hit the wheel well or something? i live in new jersey (stupid law state) and my friend was saying that if i have to get lowering springs b/c if i increase the size of my wheels that much my car might fail inspection? has anyone heard about this? and besides the nj laws stuff, what else should i get? (i plan to lower the car later) also i read that adjusting the camber will save your tires, any word on this?
thnx
Old 06-17-2002, 01:13 AM   #2
llavalle

As long as the total wheel diameter(rims + tire) stays the same... you're ok..

I had 195-65-15 on mine... and replaced with 225-45-17...

SAME overall diameter... no problems... and right speed on the dash!
Old 06-17-2002, 12:11 PM   #3
1SweetV6

Hey fellow V6er, check out http://www.v6accord.com . It's all about our car's. You can have 17's on your car without a problem. You can't have tire's any bigger that 45's on it. I know, I have 17's on mine. What you have to remember is, "The bigger the rim, the smaller the tire." So if you have 18's then you have to have like 35's on the rim. Any bigger and you rub and waste the tire. Now the problem with 35's on it that there is very little rubber to cushion the rim from the road. You have to watch out for those monster pot holes. They can & will bend a rim if you hit to hard. So keep that in mind when you go rim shopping.
Old 06-17-2002, 12:45 PM   #4
spoogenet

To avoid rolling the fenders you will need to have the correct offset. I believe 42mm is the recommended for 18".

With 18" 225/40/18 would give almost the same diameter as the 195/65/15 that are stock. 225/45/18 will be a little big, and 225/35/18 are smaller total diameter.

I don't know anything about NJ laws. If you get a wheel/tire combo that doesn't change the diameter from stock you will not need a camber kit, although you should probably get it aligned. If you lower it, you may or may not need a camber kit.

b