Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2001, 07:04 PM   #1
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Greddy Kit on 6th Gen Civics

Ok, I went to a shop today and asked about getting a kit the 5th Gen Civic Greddy kit for my Civic (its a 97). He told me that the downpipe wont fit and Id have to have one custom made, and that they arent using they ecu thing anymore they are using Regulators?!?!? I thought that the kit was pretty much bolt up and that all you have to do was splice the bluebox into the factory ECU. So will I need a custom downpipe? I didnt think I did.. I think he didnt have a clue what he was talking about. Can some one let me know in details about getting the 5th Gen Greddy kit to work on the 6th Gen Civic EX..

Thanks
Old 12-09-2001, 01:52 PM   #2
DRAG Boosted Si
The Grim Reaper

some kits depending on the car, your gonna have some sort of fabrication done...it may not even need and it may, but for a down pipe.... i never heard of a kit thats made for your car to have another one fabricated because it dont fit....strange go to another shop and get their views on this cause to me i dont see a problem with it fitting on to your cat.
DRAG Boosted Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 04:32 PM   #3
ajn

I have a 97 EX civic as well with the Greddy turbo for the 5th gen. That guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. It bolts right up. I don't know why Greddy didn't just say that it will work for the 6th gen civics. They would have made more money. OH well.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:33 AM   #4
thermal
Banning Machine

it'll work bro.... there are plenty of us here with d16 6th gen GReddy turboed. read this post:
http://www.hondastyle.com/forums/sho...=&threadid=105

OR go to:

www.turbocivic.net

steve drives a 97 civic EX with a GReddy kit......that whole site is dedicated for that.............peace

BTW......the regulator/black box combo is not available anymore. the blue box is now what comes with the kit............

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 09:26 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

thanks guys thats what I thought.. I about got into an arguement with him because he kept telling me it doesnt work, I was kept telling him everything bolts up fine. Damn Salesmen theyd sell more stuff if they knew what they were selling.