::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2002, 02:23 AM   #1
ming

Help With Stereo

I have a 2002 Honda Accord EX Sedan and I wanted to change the system in the car. My friend and I were debating whether to get the receiver or the speakers first. We were afraid that by getting a new receiver it'd blow out the stock speakers. We also were afraid that the stock receiver wouldn't power a set of new speakers. I was trying to look for the specs on the stock system but was unable to find it. Does anyone know what it might be? And would you guys have any recommendation to a receiver and speakers. I was only planning on getting one at a time. Also, would you guys recommend getting a sub as well or will new speakers provide enough bass? Thanks for your help.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:15 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well you could start with the head unit. i changed the stock stereo to a cd player and it took me 1.5 yeras to blow the speakers(rear, but they were burnt by the sun). you shoud be fine for a while, and the bass in accords is pretty good. i'm really sorry for getting rid of the old speakers for some crappy blaupunkts

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 08:40 AM   #3
johnriley
2nd Gear

The first thing I would do is get an amp and sub(S)
johnriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 06:38 PM   #4
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

ok heres the thing..

you really should start with the HU.. doesnt really matter how much power it puts.. especially if you'll be adding an amp for cabin speakers. But if you really dont want to add an amp, then Alpine HUs that pump out 60 * 4 (max) would be the ideal.. They have the most powerful internal amps of all HUs.

In any case.. Alpine would be my number 1 choice.

then get cabin speakers, maybe an amp for them..

then subs and amp.

if you have any other questions, please be specific..

hope this helped.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 02:12 PM   #5
azn_nite_ryder

best thing to do is pick up the nead unit first... you wont blow the stock speakers.. unlesss of course you blast the music liek no tommorow and have the setting all on max... you should be fine.... you can then move on to better speakers which would in turn give you better acoustics and handle the sounds better... then you can buy subs and amps to give you a fuller range of sound.....

just keep this in mind tho.. the head unit is the most important piece of stereo equipment you have.. that will dertermine how well the sound is gonna come... and no i dont mean speaker sound quality... the quality of music it will be playing..... you can tell a huge diff between a cheap deck and a good deck...
Old 09-01-2002, 01:26 PM   #6
Spazum888
3rd Gear

sweet sig azn_nite_ryder!!!!

Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.
well, you can stil get one from a strange country :-P
Spazum888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 09:10 PM   #7
azn_nite_ryder

thanks man.... nothing beats a lil boy fishtailin!!!!! on all that .5 hp at the wheels... LOL