::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Hybrid
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2002, 05:00 PM   #1
Cnewdriver

Engine installation in MD.

I'm trying to find a place in MD that would install a B18C1 engine in my 92' Civic. Can anyone out there give me advice on where to even look. Places I call will only do factory/stock swaps. Whats the deal with that? All help appreciated.
Thanks
Old 08-24-2002, 05:06 PM   #2
AzCivic

You're going to have to call speed shops in your area. Its not too difficult to do your self as long as you have some extra space and some tools.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 05:08 PM   #3
Cnewdriver

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
You're going to have to call speed shops in your area. Its not too difficult to do your self as long as you have some extra space and some tools.

Thanks for your help> Now I have a really dumd question. What exactly is a speed shop? and where in the yellow pages would they be listed? I'm really a new jack to all of this. Thanks for your help on the engine. I found what I'm looking for. now just looking for a place to install it for me.
Old 08-24-2002, 05:12 PM   #4
AzCivic

Its just a name for a shop that sells aftermarket parts for our cars some but not all actually install stuff, some even do engine swaps. Look under automotive performance, remember you're looking for a shop that specializes in imports. Just call around, if a shop doesn't do swaps they can usually refer you to one that does.
Old 08-24-2002, 05:16 PM   #5
Cnewdriver

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
Its just a name for a shop that sells aftermarket parts for our cars some but not all actually install stuff, some even do engine swaps. Look under automotive performance, remember you're looking for a shop that specializes in imports. Just call around, if a shop doesn't do swaps they can usually refer you to one that does.

Got any advice on other low cost items to get put in with the engine? or just after. Things to boost performance maybe.
Old 08-24-2002, 05:22 PM   #6
AzCivic

Well you can get a lightened flywheel which will help the acceleration, a new clutch is a must upgrade over stock if you plan on going real fast, you can do the basic bolt-ons of course, integra type-r cams should give you an extra 10hp to the wheels. Well let me ask you this are you planning on possibly adding forced induction(turbo, supercharger,nitrous) or keeping it naturally aspirated?
Old 08-24-2002, 05:26 PM   #7
Cnewdriver

Right now it's all natural. I will most likely go supercharger or whatever is better...down the road. By the way my car is an auto. Will I need to change that to a manual with the B18C1? You mentioned a new clutch.. is y I ask.
Old 08-24-2002, 05:31 PM   #8
AzCivic

oooh, yeah I'm pretty sure GSR engines only came with manuals. You can have the car changed over at the same time as the swap, it'll probably add to the cost of the swap. I'd say get the swap with a lightened flywheel and upgraded clutch and that'll be fine till you add the forced induction which will get you at least as fast as newer stock camaro SS's if not faster.
Old 08-24-2002, 05:37 PM   #9
Cnewdriver

I'm lookin at flywheels and clutches right now. any ideas on what types, stlye. I need to look under integra 94' for the flywheel and clutch compatability....correct?
Old 08-24-2002, 05:39 PM   #10
AzCivic

Right make sure its the GSR, it might not make a difference though. Clutch masters makes a pretty good set.
Old 08-24-2002, 06:02 PM   #11
Cnewdriver

Thanks searchin.......
Old 08-24-2002, 07:10 PM   #12
cstrom80

InlinePro

I'm in Fairfax, Virginia. Around here I would say that InlinePro does one of the best jobs when it comes to motor swaps. Try them. Whatever you do, I would not suggest Nu Image. Very shady and not thorough. They sell stolen and blown motors.
Old 08-24-2002, 07:12 PM   #13
Cnewdriver

Thanks...would you happen to have a number or website for Inline Pro?
Old 08-24-2002, 08:36 PM   #14
cstrom80

sure

www.inlinepro.com
Old 08-24-2002, 08:49 PM   #15
Cnewdriver

thank you. I emailed them and will all them on Mon. Anything else you think a new jack should know b/4 buying this engine and having it installed?
Old 08-25-2002, 01:01 AM   #16
cstrom80

If they are too pricey for you try Evolution Autosports. Their site's not fully functional but it does have the contact information. www.evolutionautosports.com . Talk to Jeff. It might be cheaper for you. Other than that, good luck with the motor and you should be all set. Let HS know how it goes!
Old 09-01-2002, 09:03 PM   #17
90'RS

I don't know where your at in MD but there is a place in Bel Air, in Harford County, called AutoEuroTec. They have a web site but not sure what it is. Good luck.
Old 09-01-2002, 09:33 PM   #18
Cnewdriver

thanhs...I'll try to look'em up. So far, it looks like inlinepro in northern Va. Heard and read a ton of good things about them and spoke to them several times. Plan on visiting the shop with a full blueprint of all I would like done before I order or do anything else.