Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2001, 05:41 PM   #1
sleeper4

Opinions Please!!!

ok i currently have a jdm b16a

i'm thinking one rev-hard stage 2

two swap in a c5 block and throw in some mild cams

or three sell my current set up and get a full c5 set up. i can prolly sell my st up for like 3k and a c5 goes for like 5500. so i need to add another like 2k.

what do you guys think here. i got about 4k to work with for next spring. i'm kinda leaning for the turbo kit but i might change my mind
Old 09-28-2001, 07:37 PM   #2
OneDopeTeg

turbos kick ass.....my friend just got a SR20DET swapped into his 91 Sentra SE-R and man does that thing haul ass. I definetly would not sell the B16A for a B18C5....you can build the B16A to CTR spec for a lot less money.
Old 09-28-2001, 09:20 PM   #3
sleeper4

i'm very interested in the turbo kit. i have a few boys with turbo's too, my boy has one on his 99 si and it rocks at just 6psi. thanks for your opinion though i just might go turbo.
Old 09-28-2001, 11:15 PM   #4
T.O.tegs

I wouldn't bother spending the cash on a B18C5 short block....you say you want to go f/i...well in that case you will want lower c/r. The B18C1 block will give you the same displacement as the C5 but @ a lower cost.

my suggestion is use what you currently have and just spend your cash on a build up + turbo kit...if you really want to increase displacement then go with a gsr short block and save some dough

BTW, I will have a B18C1 motor(just the motor, no mounts/tranny or ecu) for sale very shortly and will sell the short block and head seperatly....only thing is that I'm in Toronto Canada and shipping to the states will cost you...still way cheaper then a C5 short block though
Old 09-29-2001, 08:18 AM   #5
sleeper4

if i get a c5 shortblock i will not even think about f/i that was for only all-motor but i think i'm leaning towards the turbo route.
Old 10-17-2001, 07:15 AM   #6
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

As temping as the B18C5 would be.. Id go with the Turbo + buildup.. You will get tons more power out of a turbo and a proper buildup.. Take advantage of the B16.. its a good motor.::
Old 11-11-2001, 07:06 PM   #7
OneDopeTeg

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
As temping as the B18C5 would be.. Id go with the Turbo + buildup.. You will get tons more power out of a turbo and a proper buildup.. Take advantage of the B16.. its a good motor.::

Agreed....the B16 is a nice engine....if it was me...i'd stick with it.
Old 11-11-2001, 09:16 PM   #8
slowEJ6

i agree as well, FI is fun. cant pass up the wonderful BOV sound. B16 is great for turbo, and with $4k you can do a pretty nice setup there, im not sure about the revhard kits though - no experience with them and ive heard a few people say bad things about em, id suggest a drag gen 2 or 3 kit myself. im goin with 3 by xmas
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 01:38 AM   #9
OneDopeTeg

The Greddy kit is cool too.....as far as a legal kit goes
Old 11-12-2001, 01:42 PM   #10
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by OneDopeTeg
The Greddy kit is cool too.....as far as a legal kit goes
id hate that, here in FL we dont have smog checks....its wonderful ::
Old 11-12-2001, 07:57 PM   #11
OneDopeTeg

haha here in Cali even with smog checks you can see the smog in certain cities....cough cough....LA. but yeah as far as tuning goes smog checks suck!
Old 11-12-2001, 09:04 PM   #12
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by OneDopeTeg
haha here in Cali even with smog checks you can see the smog in certain cities....cough cough....LA. but yeah as far as tuning goes smog checks suck!
yeah i know how that is, i used to live in cali, in the valley and moved to FL when i was about 12. went back to cali a year ago, damn the smog has gotten about 500x worse.....but i still enjoyed the mountain scenery compared to here, where we are lucky if we have a couple hills. :o
Old 12-18-2001, 11:15 AM   #13
rollin

get the c5 block and build it up, but its up to you, sounds like your leaning towards boost anyway.
Old 12-18-2001, 06:43 PM   #14
OneDopeTeg

why does everyone think you cant boost a C5? Hasnt Meguiers prooved that the C5 can handle boost....stcok internals twin charged makin a grip of wheel hp's
Old 12-18-2001, 07:48 PM   #15
slowEJ6

you can turbo a c5, no problem. but really whats the point when you can turbo a c1 and get the same amount of power if yer gonna build it up anyways for a couple thousand less - startup.
Old 12-18-2001, 08:03 PM   #16
rollin

i wasn't saying u can't boost a R motor, but with lower compresson, i have a friend running 8.95 compression in his poormans type r with a t3/t4 turbo, and that thing is scarey fast.
I am just an n/a person