User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2001, 01:47 PM   #1
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Indiglo gauge install on a 4th gen accord

I put this one on purehonda also:
I just did it on my car today. It took me one hour to take the car apart, and put it back on.

it goes like this:

1 Remove the center console: 6 screws (3 on each side)
2 remove the plastic dash (12 screws)
- 1 screw behind the left airvent
- 1 behind the change box
- 2 above the cluster
- 1 behind the cruise control/sunroof buttons (to remove use a sharp blade and they will pop out
- 1 behind the dimmer switch
- 2 behind the center vents (unscrew the ones on top)
- 2 below the climate control
- 1 behind the ashtray
- 1 behind the lighter
3 remove any wires from the lighter and the ashtray
4 take the stereo out or just unplug the wires from the back
5 unplug the flashers and defrost button

Right now the dash should cpome out. I reccomend taking out the plastic cover from the steering column so it will come on easier

6 After the plastic is removed you need to unscrew 4 screws on the cluster, then remove the harnesses one on each side (the one on the right will be a pain to take out. it is also the one that makes the odometer move, show rpms and speed), and there is one on top for the dash lighting.

7 After u take the cluster out it has 6 plastic clams that will hold the glass to the other part. Just take the glass out and the cluster bezzel will come out too. Right now you have acces to the needles and the gauges. put the indiglos in. There should be a light on the back with 2 wires that will go to the top. just cut the two wires and hook it up to the idiglo gauges relay(i,m not sure if they are polarity dependent. it worked on mine the first time.

8 make sure you run the wires thru the back of the cluster and screw the 4 cluster screws back in. i put my relay next to the dimmer switch and it worked fine there. Nou u are ready to assemble the car back. Follow the steps 6 thru one.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 01:52 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

ok guys: i took my dash out yesterday because of odometer lights that will not light up when the head lights are on. Make sure that u have some spare bulbs on hand before opening the dash. they are the exact same size as thge ones used in the corner lights for the same type of accord.

Also i said that i don't know if the relay is polarity dependent. it is so begor u put the car together, make sure that your gauges will light up.

Remove the steering column cover. There are only 5-6 screws and it will save you a lot of headaches in the long run. You will save about 30 minutes on the whole work time.

Old 06-25-2003, 12:18 PM   #3
uclaccord

hey...where exactly are those screws for the steering column cover?
Old 06-25-2003, 12:22 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

underneath the cover. you need a long ass screw driver to reach them, because they are quite deep in the whole.

BTW welcom to HST. I've seen you around at HAN thou

Old 06-25-2003, 12:26 PM   #5
uclaccord

whas your sn on HAN...hmmm...looksl ike this is getting to be more of a pain.......
Old 10-20-2004, 04:34 PM   #6
dohcVTEC

how do you hook up the wires to the indiglo so when you turn on the headlights it will automatically turn on and off ?
Old 10-20-2004, 11:30 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by dohcVTEC
how do you hook up the wires to the indiglo so when you turn on the headlights it will automatically turn on and off ?

Quote:
7 After u take the cluster out it has 6 plastic clams that will hold the glass to the other part. Just take the glass out and the cluster bezzel will come out too. Right now you have acces to the needles and the gauges. put the indiglos in. There should be a light on the back with 2 wires that will go to the top. just cut the two wires and hook it up to the idiglo gauges relay(i,m not sure if they are polarity dependent. it worked on mine the first time.

Old 11-29-2004, 10:26 AM   #8
ShEaNy

Mine are blinking on and off for some reason on there own....must be a loose connection?
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote