::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2003, 07:33 AM   #1
sc0rch

Dropping a 95 civic

what exactly does this consist of....i meen i'f found lowering springs for decent prices but what else am i going to need....i dont wanna buy a set of springs and end up needing a ton more stuff......looks like lowered shocks or something too......pretty new to the honda world and havent really got a clue about anything.....
Old 01-14-2003, 07:56 AM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

you can just buy springs...but eventually you will have to get shocks too. the factory shocks arent made to handle the more work that the new springs would put on them.

So yes, youre gonna need shocks and springs...or coilover sleeves...or just true coilovers. sorry i cant elaborate on those last 2 but i gotta get to class. someone else will pick up my slack
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 08:03 AM   #3
02CiviC

what pdiggitydog said, and depending on how much you lower it you might want to look into a camber kit, so that you dont have uneven tread wear on your tires. And after you get it lowered dont forget to take it in for an alignment.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:44 PM   #4
sc0rch

i'll prolly go with 1.5 all around 1st and if i like it like that i may stick with it but i might end up going lower later....once i get a body kit i might not have to go any lower than 1.5
Old 01-14-2003, 07:04 PM   #5
sc0rch

oh yeah....and where is a good site to get the parts from......i ran accross a few just didnt book mark um....and nopi seems to be the most expensive .....and whats a good brand name for shocks and springs
Old 01-17-2003, 08:01 AM   #6
cashizslick

Re: Dropping a 95 civic

Quote:
Originally posted by sc0rch
what exactly does this consist of....i meen i'f found lowering springs for decent prices but what else am i going to need?

Nothin else, springs are all you need.

I have H&R springs right now, but when i add more power to my car, im gonna need some new shocks.
Old 01-17-2003, 01:15 PM   #7
slowEJ6

H&R or Neuspeed springs are what i suggest....and a 1.5" drop is what you want so go with the H&R/Neuspeed Sport springs. you shouldnt need a camber kit and your shocks should be fine with that drop - i had no problems when i had my RS*R springs and it was like a 1.5" drop....it just wasnt low enough for my tastes though.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 01:49 PM   #8
silver

the most important aspect shouldn't be the drop, but rather the spring rate of the coils. How stiff of a ride do you want, what are you willing to sacrifice, comfort? handling? those are very important.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 04:26 PM   #9
jwilk95EXCIV

I just got bags on mine, and its worked fine. I needed to do some minor suspension work, but other then that...thats all I did. If your looking for some good coils investigate Teins.
Old 01-17-2003, 04:59 PM   #10
silver

Quote:
Originally posted by jwilk95EXCIV
I just got bags on mine, and its worked fine. I needed to do some minor suspension work, but other then that...thats all I did. If your looking for some good coils investigate Teins.

most of teins coilovers are designed for japanese road use, the super street being a slight objection. They are great for racing imo, but only when the road is flat.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 07:24 PM   #11
zm_dawg

I have koni yellows for sale if anyone's interested in improving there suspension?
Old 01-18-2003, 01:10 PM   #12
sc0rch

i can deal with a stiff suspension but i dont wanna lost too much handeling
Old 01-18-2003, 04:42 PM   #13
slowEJ6

get H&R/Neuspeed Sport springs for an integra. very good springs, very affordable.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote