::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2002, 03:07 PM   #1
fastasfoggy

Anybody use teins?

i was looking at getting some new coilovers in the future, and i like the dampers from tein....they come already to go and dont require putting a rubber insert inbetween the strut and the coilover(i have the weapon r now and they work great but i want something with struts). thanx...
Old 08-10-2002, 03:27 PM   #2
spoogenet

I don't use them, but just what is your question? Do you only care to know whether people use them or not, or do you have an actual question relating to the Tein coilovers themselves, their performance, etc etc etc?

Help us help you.

I have looked into getting the SS for my Accord for some time now. They do come highly recommended and appear to be a good kit. If I could get the EDFC for my car I'd probably get them. But I'm thinking instead of going with some Pro-kits and either Koni Yellows or KYB AGX, not sure that they're both available for the 6th gen or not. Anyways.....check and see if you can get the EDFC for your car. I just picked up a Tein brochure from a local performance shop today but left it at home. It has certain Civic models listed under availability, I can check it and post back later if you care to know.

b
Old 08-10-2002, 03:48 PM   #3
fastasfoggy

yeah they have the ss for my car, i found them for 899.00 at modacar,com....i think thats the best way to go if you just wanna slip them in the spot of the oem ones....i lowered my car with weapon-R coilovers and i feel like the Omaha potholes have gotten ten times bigger...the way they made them was strange, the aluminum collar around the strut is like 1/3 of an inch greater diameter than the strut...
Old 08-10-2002, 03:50 PM   #4
fastasfoggy

check out www.tein.com
Old 08-10-2002, 05:32 PM   #5
spoogenet

Don't worry, I've been on their website and others plenty.

So do you actually have a question about them, or did you just want to find out who's got them?

b
Old 08-10-2002, 06:01 PM   #6
fastasfoggy

just to see whos got them...the shop around here is got a good price on them so i thought id here some replies
Old 08-10-2002, 08:49 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i don't have them but i heard that they are really good. other than that i can't say

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 11:14 PM   #8
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I don't have them, but I am seriously considering getting the HA's (or a quad ) They are very nice, 16 way adjustable damper, etc. I've heard nothing but great things about them. If I decide not to spend as much, I'll go with the Apex'i WS.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 12:00 AM   #9
fastasfoggy

their is a shop around here that quoted 900 for the super streets...thats about what it is everywhere........what are the has?
Old 08-17-2002, 01:39 AM   #10
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by fastasfoggy
their is a shop around here that quoted 900 for the super streets...thats about what it is everywhere........what are the has?

HAs are more... around $1100, maybe cheaper if you shop around.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote