User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2005, 01:17 AM   #41
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED

2. If it were to become legal it would be taxed and regulated and unlike other countries like Holland our rabid capitalism would eventually produce joints and/or loose product that was either sub par or loaded with additives to increase shelf life, enhance flavor, etc. Plus, like Az pointed out, people here are too lazy to do much of anything themselves so it's inevitable that pot would become just like cigarettes. The only people who would grow pot themselves are probably the people who do it now anyway...and I'd bet a good number of them would switch to making a run to the local 7-11 if they could.

3. Even if you do smoke pot, chances are that when you're sober and you encounter someone who's stoned, it annoys the living shit out of you. Look back at Darin's post about going to photo class and then getting blazed. Can you imagine going to a store and getting a clerk that acted like that? Or how about calling tech support and getting someone so stoned they can't tell shit from apple butter. Sure, it happens now and it probably wouldn't increase dramatically, but I can totally see that becoming a problem. Oh man...I hate dealing with people who are stoned.

i disagree... both those are supposed what if senarios not looking at the whole picture. yeah store bought would sell... but given the nature of enjoyment and the "breed" of people (hippies for the most part) i think that growing their own would probobly be more apealing (anti-gov, organic, the lable "homegrown", etc) not to mention the huge difference in quality from field grown and indoor home grown. if anything more people would start growing.

as for being stoned in every day life, your not gonna have a bunch of people walking around laughing at the ground and yelling at trees. you can handle yourself at work or in public fine as long as your not retarted stoned 5 mins before going in. saying it makes you stupid is wrong. it makes you lazy thus not wanting to think, but if you give a half ass about your job its not a problem

its no worse than drinking on society. people will do their day life, then instead of bars, have smoking dens for late night if they wanted.

remeber its not going to be like people smoking cigs on the street. i would bet even if they ever did change the law on it to make it semi-legal, its going to be like an open container law thing with lit pot.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.

Last edited by ChrisCantSkate : 11-05-2005 at 01:21 AM.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 07:43 AM   #42
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
i disagree... both those are supposed what if senarios not looking at the whole picture. yeah store bought would sell... but given the nature of enjoyment and the "breed" of people (hippies for the most part) i think that growing their own would probobly be more apealing (anti-gov, organic, the lable "homegrown", etc) not to mention the huge difference in quality from field grown and indoor home grown. if anything more people would start growing.

as for being stoned in every day life, your not gonna have a bunch of people walking around laughing at the ground and yelling at trees. you can handle yourself at work or in public fine as long as your not retarted stoned 5 mins before going in. saying it makes you stupid is wrong. it makes you lazy thus not wanting to think, but if you give a half ass about your job its not a problem

its no worse than drinking on society. people will do their day life, then instead of bars, have smoking dens for late night if they wanted.

remeber its not going to be like people smoking cigs on the street. i would bet even if they ever did change the law on it to make it semi-legal, its going to be like an open container law thing with lit pot.

Oh I'm not saying people wouldn't grow their own...some certainly would. Then again you have to question the knowledge of the grower. Some people know how to grow it, some don't. The problem becomes finding who knows and who doesn't. I had friends who made a killing because they knew their shit. Others gave up because no one wanted their schwag. It just flat out sucked. The one good thing that would come from regulation is predicatability. It would keep one brand from knocking you on your ass while another brand hit you like a powder puff.

And I'm also not saying that everyone in the world would show up to work stoned. Of course the smart folks won't because they just plain know better. Hell...I went to work drunk once and I will NEVER do that again. Same with getting high. I would hope that if someone did it once they'd reconsider...but I know way too many people that made going to work high a habit and it pissed me off to no end.

To me getting high is a lot like being gay...do whatever you want so long as I don't have to see or hear about it. There's nothing worse than some dipshit burnout telling you how high he got over the weekend. Fine...get high, do it while you're amongst friends, and let that be the end of it. Don't come to work and tell me how high you got...I don't care. None of my gay co-workers would tell me about their sexual encounters over the weekend. There's just some things I don't care to hear about.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 10:42 AM   #43
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
To me getting high is a lot like being gay...do whatever you want so long as I don't have to see or hear about it. There's nothing worse than some dipshit burnout telling you how high he got over the weekend. Fine...get high, do it while you're amongst friends, and let that be the end of it. Don't come to work and tell me how high you got...I don't care. None of my gay co-workers would tell me about their sexual encounters over the weekend. There's just some things I don't care to hear about.

that has to be one of the most ignorant things ive herd in a while. you dont care about it.. great. but its just like drinking... no one really cares how much anyone drank, or what they did, but people tell them anways, or what they did to their cars to people who arnt into car shit. its all a matter of the crowd your around, and 99% of the time your not gonna get some stoner telling random people how stoned he is... think about it GT, your smarter than that. i remeber how pissed you were once about ciggarettes, this is no different, except its better for you, and it actually does something. if you do it, you know the consiquences and they arnt news to the user, and they dont need someone sitting there telling them "you know that contains smoke and it is gonna make your lungs work harder" or "that hurts your memory". no shit. for as much as you fought against the anit-cig people, and enjoying a beer or 12 every now and then, im supprised on your closed mindedness(haha not a word) on this topic.

and i have shown upto work stoned before, guess what, no one noticed and i was nicer and made more customers happier that day. i actually got an award(complete little bullshit thing, but its just to try and catch employees not doing anything) for being "helpful and freidnly" with a secrect shopper(who i didnt know was there at the time) coencidence? maybe. but i didnt sit there and not work, or look at poeople like their faces were melting off.

end rant

Last edited by ChrisCantSkate : 11-05-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:16 PM   #44
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
that has to be one of the most ignorant things ive herd in a while. you dont care about it.. great. but its just like drinking... no one really cares how much anyone drank, or what they did, but people tell them anways, or what they did to their cars to people who arnt into car shit. its all a matter of the crowd your around, and 99% of the time your not gonna get some stoner telling random people how stoned he is... think about it GT, your smarter than that. i remeber how pissed you were once about ciggarettes, this is no different, except its better for you, and it actually does something. if you do it, you know the consiquences and they arnt news to the user, and they dont need someone sitting there telling them "you know that contains smoke and it is gonna make your lungs work harder" or "that hurts your memory". no shit. for as much as you fought against the anit-cig people, and enjoying a beer or 12 every now and then, im supprised on your closed mindedness(haha not a word) on this topic.

and i have shown upto work stoned before, guess what, no one noticed and i was nicer and made more customers happier that day. i actually got an award(complete little bullshit thing, but its just to try and catch employees not doing anything) for being "helpful and freidnly" with a secrect shopper(who i didnt know was there at the time) coencidence? maybe. but i didnt sit there and not work, or look at poeople like their faces were melting off.

end rant

Well to be fair I don't put up with people telling me how ripped they got the night before, either. My friend did that once and I cracked him in the jaw. Nothing too showy...just a nice right hook to let him know who's boss.

Look, I'm not saying don't do it. If that's what makes you happy, more power to ya. I just remember how pot effected me when I was smoking it a lot and, looking back, I wouldn't want people acting like that around me now. It's like when I drink...I do it at home when there's virtually no chance of me having to go anywhere. It eliminates the chance I'll be pissing people off with my drunkeness (not to mention not getting a DUI).

I also just want people to see the futility of getting excited over laws like this. There's no way people who want to smoke pot will be completely happy no matter what happens, so blowing your load every time some state passes a law like this is pointless. It'll never turn out the way you want.

Oh...and I do believe mindedness is a word.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 11-05-2005, 04:28 PM   #45
AkimboStylee

is it me or is this thread getting out of hand?
Old 11-05-2005, 06:20 PM   #46
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AkimboStylee
is it me or is this thread getting out of hand?

It's just you. It's not often we have a civilized discussion of different opinions and views on HST. They usually end up spiraling into crap with some variant of the phrase "you fucking idiot" being used. As long as it stays civil I'm willing to partake in some more discussion.

Old 11-05-2005, 08:18 PM   #47
AkimboStylee

I actually perfer getting high to getting drunk. reasons being, that i like the way it feels to be fully stoned and going to sleep, i sleep better (more soundly, feel refreshed) i drive better (DO NOT ATTEMPT IF NEVER DONE BEFORE) and somethings just seem better when high compared to being drunk or sober, mind you i only get high once in a blue moon.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:37 PM   #48
AzCivic

you're a damn idiot if you drive while high.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 09:14 PM   #49
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

There really is no difference between driving drunk and driving stoned given that the severety of the intoxication is the same. I'm sure you think you drive better while you're high, but others on the road (the cops, for one) would probably disagree. While pot might not impair fine and gross motor skills like alcohol does (I still don't accept that as fact, either...I've seen some burnouts stumble around just like drunks), it still impairs perception. I drove drunk once and thought I was doing just great...cruising along like any other day. That is, until I looked at my speedo and I was 25mph over the limit. There's just no reason to drive under the influence of any substance. Saying differently is just making excuses.

As for sleep...I sleep just fine after a night of drinking. A bomb could go off outside my window and I wouldn't wake up. Of course if that happened, I'd probably be dead so how could I wake up?

Old 11-05-2005, 09:23 PM   #50
AkimboStylee

I actually drive more cautious while dring high, because of this i still don't condone my actions, or any actions of people driving wile under the influence of anything.

if the government were to legalize any drug, it would probably be like alcohol anyway: 21 and up, no public display of intoxication, no open container in public, and well i cant think of anything at the moment. and no i am not stoned, i haven't smoked in over 2 months. Why? because i feel modding my car is more important. but once i start my residency ( Dj at a local club) I will be around it more, and probably do it more often.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:02 PM   #51
Mischief

Quote:

As for sleep...I sleep just fine after a night of drinking. A bomb could go off outside my window and I wouldn't wake up. Of course if that happened, I'd probably be dead so how could I wake up?
You actually don't sleep better after drinking.. It may seem like you'll sleep like a baby when you goto, but when you wake up (at least for me) it feels like you haven't slept a minute. Why? because your body is trying to get rid of the foreign substance in it, so it's working just as hard as if you were awake.

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 11:28 PM   #52
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
you're a damn idiot if you drive while high.

...AND HOW

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:21 AM   #53
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Mischief
You actually don't sleep better after drinking.. It may seem like you'll sleep like a baby when you goto, but when you wake up (at least for me) it feels like you haven't slept a minute. Why? because your body is trying to get rid of the foreign substance in it, so it's working just as hard as if you were awake.

That...and alcohol blocks certain signals in your brain that interfere with rem sleep which is a fairly important part of sleep. Not to say you don't get any rem sleep...it just interferes with it. But I've never really had that problem. As with any drug that effects your brain, it effects everyone differently. Some people smoke pot and feel mellow or euphoric while others smoke it and have panic attacks and horrible anxiety. Same with alcohol. We all know a fun drunk and a mean drunk. Honestly, I had more sleep problems due to depression (when it was really bad) than I ever have because of alcohol.

Old 11-06-2005, 03:22 AM   #54
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:

I also just want people to see the futility of getting excited over laws like this. There's no way people who want to smoke pot will be completely happy no matter what happens, so blowing your load every time some state passes a law like this is pointless. It'll never turn out the way you want.

isnt that the truth... but i'd say over 75% of the people who want to do now anyways.