.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What should I do to the inner taillights?
Shave them! 0 0%
Convert inners to IS300 and make backup light. 2 33.33%
Nothing, leave them alone! 4 66.67%
Get all clears! 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2003, 03:56 PM   #1
jjcivic92
2nd Gear

Inner Taillight conversion to IS300

I've been thinking about getting the inner taillights shaved, and maybe buying some IS300 trunk lid lights, cleared out, and sub'ing those as backup lights. Does this sound like a pretty good idea? Where would be a good place to find some clear IS300 trunk lid lights?
Old 03-25-2003, 03:01 PM   #2
alpine3069

well you will be like verybody else that shaves there inside lights, but if that is the look you want go fo it
Old 03-25-2003, 03:08 PM   #3
RU_Teg

not everyone shaves their inner lights...i think it would be pretty unique to get those IS300 lights...
Old 03-25-2003, 04:17 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i'm not really hot for the idea. you have a honda so keep it honda not bastardize it with any toyota/lexus/nissan/subaru whatever

EDIT: if u want a really clean look go for red/clear lights.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 05:38 PM   #5
jjcivic92
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by RU_Teg
not everyone shaves their inner lights...i think it would be pretty unique to get those IS300 lights...

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. Noone else has the clear IS300 taillight conversion used as a backup light. Then again, I agree with hondaman-iac about it being a honda. What got me on the whole idea of shaving the inner taillights is this green hatchback like mine, down in Panama City, that had it done. Except he has the outer ones white, not clear. It looked really really good with the green paint job. I don't think I'll be able to have a shot at any kind of customizing right now though. This car is half my dad's, and he uses it when he absolutly has to, and he is against imports like crazy. He didn't want me to put low profile tires, thank god I finally managed to talk him into those, on it, rims, anything. He said "the car runs how it is, leave it that way." I pisses me off everytime I hear him talk about imports and fixing up cars. He thinks if you do anything to a car like that, it just messes the car up. I want to be able to have a car I can customize how I want to!! Since we are now down to two vehicles, one being this, I'll never be able to.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:39 PM   #6
RU_Teg

damn, that really sucks about your father not really letting you mod the civic...really nice civic to modify u have there dude...anyways, i'd get a job and save up some money and get my own hatchback or buy it from my father if you are able to...
Old 03-27-2003, 06:22 PM   #7
jjcivic92
2nd Gear

Thanks man! I really would like to mod. it a lot more. I'm talking him into stuff little by little, looks like that will take some time though.