Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2007, 07:21 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

If you've got the money...

You can live here: http://www.unlimitedspeed.net/site02.html

Features include:

-4.5 mile professionally designed race track with mile-long straight away that doubles as FAA approved runway (design by world famous designer Bob Barnard)
-Central security facility and FAA approved tower at said track
-Clubhouse with fully staffed bar, dining room, spa, and fitness facility
-3,000 acre community surrounded by 10ft. tall fence monitored 24/7 by professional security staff
-1,600 acre nature preserve with equestrian center
-Numerous fishing and recreational lakes
-Optional hanger to store your car at the race track
-18 hole signature golf course

How much will all of this set you back? Prices for a 3 acre plot start at $675,000 (homes are extra), although plot sizes can be as big as 30 acres. Oh...and you have to cough up $1,800 every month in homeowner's fees. But fuck man...your own private track? How awesome would that be? Although you'd have to be able to put up with living in Georgia. I'm not sure I could handle that.

I hate rich people.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:22 AM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

thats actually very reasonable. theres lots of communities around my house back home that are that much, or more, for a 1-2 acre plot, with 50-75k a year membership fees

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:58 AM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

That would be AWESOME!
Old 05-17-2007, 10:28 AM   #4
Violent Apathy

Shit that sounds like a fantastic deal compared to property rates in Phoenix.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:33 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Sure...it all looks great...but the price of just building a home there would easily top $1M-$1.5M. All of their homes are already listed on the site...no 2 are the same (they have about 75 house plans listed...only one has sold). So aside from your $675K plot minimum you're probably looking at the very least another $500K to build. Add close to $24K per year in home owner's fees and it's not so attractive for the non-super-rich. Then again, if you can afford the plot and house, what's another $2K a month?

You know...I hate the idea of a homeowner's association. Where we live we pay $100 a year and that's ok. It keeps the place nice and clean. But most of that is the city's job so the rest of the money is going into the community pool (which sucks ass), the tennis court (which are cracked and unuseable), and god only knowns what else. On the other hand, if we were to not pay the fee because no one in this house uses those facilities (we don't), we couldn't move out until we were paid up in our bullshit fees. Horseshit.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:43 PM   #6
IALuder

i would do it. but thats a lot damn money. plus my neighbors wouldnt like me racing at 3 am every night.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:54 PM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

those houses im guess built will sell from anywhere between 2-10+ million. you have to remeber that almost all the time, unless the whole community ends up being a bust, the value of your property+house will be alot higher than the cost of each individually, then theres the appreciation of real estate, which is low right now due to higher returns per risk-unit in the stock market, however that means spending 2 million on the land and building will net you 3-5 million worth of equity, where as 3 or 4 years ago you could be looking at 8-10 million for the same houses without much change in the cost of land. still they can and will go up as more lots are bought, and demand rises when someone wants to be there. sure the 24k a year in fees is alot, but if you want your own private racetrack plus all the amenities this community has, 24k a year is a steal.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:08 AM   #8
thermal
Banning Machine

... only in my dreams........

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote