::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2001, 10:27 AM   #1
IntegraChik

New member w/some ?'s

hey everyone, i'm new here and i have a couple questions that hopefully someone can answer for me. first of all i got a 90 'teg...ls. 1. do they make front lips for my car? i can't find them anywhere!!! 2. i'm thinking of swapping a gsr motor in my car..if i do, could the mods from my ls motor fit onto the gsr motor? like header, cam gears, cai...etc??? thanks a bunch!
Old 09-27-2001, 03:30 PM   #2
BAMA

Re: New member w/some ?'s

Quote:
Originally posted by IntegraChik
hey everyone, i'm new here and i have a couple questions that hopefully someone can answer for me. first of all i got a 90 'teg...ls. 1. do they make front lips for my car? i can't find them anywhere!!! 2. i'm thinking of swapping a gsr motor in my car..if i do, could the mods from my ls motor fit onto the gsr motor? like header, cam gears, cai...etc??? thanks a bunch!

hey..whats up..nice choice of car..my cousin just bought 1 and i'm learning the differences..i have a 93 and i just swapped a 94+ model jdm gsr motor into it. 1. i'm sure if u check assylum.com you'll find some...but dont get it there..if u do find it, post back and i'll search for some other websites u can order from.. #2, ur header will fit fine, cam gears too..ur only problem is going to be ur intake..i had to have 1 custom made..no matter what the shops tell u , the gsr or ls intake from either our gen cars or the newer 1's will not fit..u can either go to a shop and have 1 custom made..(make sure u have it before ur swap is done..if not u'll need something to filter ur intake until u get 1. or u can just buy a skunk2 intake manifold...if ur going to mod ur car anymore, u might as well buy that 1 now and get that out of the way. and at that point if u do buy the skunk2 manifold,u can then buy a regular aftermarket intake for it... let me know or email me..i'll see what i can do on a price for u... keep me posted....good luck.
Old 09-27-2001, 03:33 PM   #3
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

How's it going? Let me be the first to welcome you to the board.

B18C, eh? Good choice. One of, if not the best choice for a serious all motor build. Anyways, to answer your questions:

1. I have yet to see a front lip for the 90-91s. You could get a 92-93 front bumper, and both WW and Inazuma make a pretty cool front lip. I'm in search of the Inazuma myself. Hard to find, but they look awesome.
2. Most of those will swap over. The cam gears are pretty universal- B series are all the same. The CAI will also transfer, no problem. The throttle body is a little different, but the fit is still fine. The header may be a bit of a problem. The ports on the B18Cs are a little more aggressive than our B18As. You could either port the one you have, or just get a B18C header.

Any other questions, hit us up.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 03:40 PM   #4
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Re: Re: New member w/some ?'s

Quote:
Originally posted by BAMA

...ur only problem is going to be ur intake..i had to have 1 custom made..no matter what the shops tell u , the gsr or ls intake from either our gen cars or the newer 1's will not fit..u can either go to a shop and have 1 custom made..(make sure u have it before ur swap is done..if not u'll need something to filter ur intake until u get 1. or u can just buy a skunk2 intake manifold...if ur going to mod ur car anymore, u might as well buy that 1 now and get that out of the way. and at that point if u do buy the skunk2 manifold,u can then buy a regular aftermarket intake for it... let me know or email me..i'll see what i can do on a price for u... keep me posted....good luck.

I think you're a little confused. The intake is not interchangable to either car. The Gen2 intakes will not go in a Gen3, because the plumbing is a little different. In this case, though, we're not putting a Gen2 intake in a Gen3- we're putting a Gen3 motor in a Gen2. The throttle body is in the same spot, so the same intake will still work.

As for the intake manifold- The intake manifold and throttle body differs from the B18A/B to the B18C- these are NOT interchangable. So even if you did get a Skunk2 manifold, you would still need a GSR throttle body. Not that it matters- Nearly any aftermarket intake will fit nearly any throttle body. The only difference is that the bore is slightly different, so pressure on the throttle plate will vary.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 05:13 PM   #5
WHITESHEEP

I believe 2ndGenTeg is correct regarding the intake. Your G2 intake will fit the B18C. I have two friends with C5s in their G2s and their LS intake carried over fine.

Regarding your first question, Wings West make a 90-91 lip for the front bumper. It is the Wings West RS Racing Series lip:

There is also the OEM kit:

And the much coveted but discontinued JDM Hiro lip: