::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Prelude
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2003, 07:40 PM   #1
Curbed

98 Lude??

anyone tell me about the 98 prelude SH... how good are they? I test drove a 99 with the automatic and it wasent an SH.. IM going to go test drive a 5spd SH soon. I was really dissapointed with the Prelude though.. for saying it has 195 HP it was sad.. but i relize it wasnt an SH and it was an Auto, I just hope the other one is better.

Thoughts???
Old 05-12-2003, 02:10 AM   #2
cantdrive55

The SS auto is absolute crap. A 5 speed is much better.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:41 AM   #3
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

the SH is not the fastest, the base 5 spd is. the car does have 195 or 200hp but remeber it is 2900+lbs. i never drove a SH but i guess the atts system(the thing that makes the SH specia does help the car handle better. test drive it and see if you like it

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 04:41 PM   #4
Curbed

ok since I dont know much about preludes... how is the Base model faster? is it lighter?
Old 05-12-2003, 09:43 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yup, but i think the 97+ ludes are over 3000 lbs for a base model. the sh is a lot heavier because of the leather and some other things in it

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 11:33 PM   #6
cantdrive55

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
yup, but i think the 97+ ludes are over 3000 lbs for a base model. the sh is a lot heavier because of the leather and some other things in it

WRONG.

Some people must enjoy spreading misinformation. The base weighs 2900 pounds, the SH weighs 3000 pounds. Only a couple hundred more than your Accord. I love how everyone thinks the Preludes are so heavy. They're not. People think they're slow. They're not.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:22 AM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by cantdrive55
WRONG.

Some people must enjoy spreading misinformation. The base weighs 2900 pounds, the SH weighs 3000 pounds. Only a couple hundred more than your Accord. I love how everyone thinks the Preludes are so heavy. They're not. People think they're slow. They're not.

i got the info from carpoint. anyway my car is just a few pounds shy of 3k. and i never said the preludes are slow since my car will have a prelude soul in it pretty soon.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 08:11 AM   #8
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by Curbed
ok since I dont know much about preludes... how is the Base model faster? is it lighter?

well both cars come with the same engine, and the atts system i believe is 140lbs or about that. thats the extra weight. nd a 2900ish lb car vs a 3000ish lb car with the same power..... lighter one is faster. the type-SH is more expensive/nicer because of the atts handling system (Active Torque Transfer System). the type-SH didnt come standard with leather, it may have been an option, but the 4th gen vtec 94-96 preludes were the only preludes to come standard with leather.

now granted they arnt that much slower, and well... a prelude will never haul ass unless your willing to dump tons of money into it, so if i had a choice right now i'd take a type-SH cause great handling stock is always nice

Old 05-13-2003, 01:10 PM   #9
Curbed

Well I test drove a 5spd SH yesterday... wow, handled nice and I was pleased to be able to burn tires through second gear, and maybe third if I knew how to drive a stick.... But needless to say if My bank grants me the loan I'm getting one
Old 05-13-2003, 07:43 PM   #10
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

sweet... hope you enjoy it