::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2003, 08:42 PM   #1
zm_dawg

New car ideas!

Well my 2000 Civic has been totalled out and is all settled....and now I need to find a new project? This will again be a daily driver. I recently found a 90 HB SI for $700.....I really know nothing about this car? What would I be able to do with this. It runs but the guy told me it misfires while idling and believes this could be a headgasket. Would I be able to take care of this problem? Is this a good car to make a project while driving it daily. I was also wondering about 92-95 Civic's mostly HB's....any ideas where I'd have the most fun?
Old 01-10-2003, 08:51 PM   #2
a96710

I like the 92-95 hb body style so much better but I don't think you'd have problems finding parts for either
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 09:02 PM   #3
RU_Teg

yeah like Jason said I like the 92-95 hatchback bodies more than any other hb's...You can do a lot with a civic hb and they look nice without any real modifications...How many miles does that 90 hb have?...You shouldn't have many problems finding parts to replace anything on the civic if you do buy it.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:13 PM   #4
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

yeah the 4th gens are the 5th are very nice and tons o parts too fairly inexpensive. if you got a 6th gen hatch you could use those koni yellows
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 09:48 PM   #5
sohc_vtec 2NR

if the engine has problems...i would just replace it with a newer one...don't forget to check with a mechanic if the car has ever been in a major accident (i'm sure you wouldn't want to get a new engine and have fitment problems due to a previous accident/s )

i think this car is a great platform to work on...heavily supported by aftermarket..: