::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2002, 10:56 PM   #1
zm_dawg

cars to mod...

I was just wondering what cars i should be looking to mod to do some decent mods too. I have a 2000 Civic but was just in an accident...I plan on it being totalled....so i'll be starting from scratch as I will have lost no money because of my GAP insurance to cover the rest of the loan.....
So I'm goin to rethink and gettin an older cheaper car...would still like to keep the import scene in mind.....and wondering if any of ya'll have any ideas to save money on the car....and still be able to do mods that will greatly improve the car.....?
Who's goin to suggest the first idea?
Old 12-26-2002, 11:03 PM   #2
a96710

Integra, Prelude, 240sx, CRX, Civic. Really all depends on your budget and if you like a particular maker of vehicle
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 11:25 PM   #3
sohc_vtec 2NR

what would be the purpose of your new car? daily driver? drag? autox? streetracin'? i would first decide what the purpose of the car would be..this would eliminate a lot of choices and would probably narrow it down to your needs.
Old 12-26-2002, 11:41 PM   #4
drdingo21

the market is saturated with mods for the 92-95 civics....

but it really depends on what you plan on doing with the car
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 03:06 PM   #5
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

i always wanted a 2nd gen eclipse or talon (same damn car ) AWD Turbo if I could find one but since there werent any around when I needed to get my new car I just got my Civic instead, but I still love it to death
It really does depend on what your plans are for it, though. I assume it would be a daily driver so go w/ something that is good on gas...hon-duh ...that amused me...ok... go for a 'teg if you can I really like those

Oh if it is totalled...can I buy your drivers side knee panel? (plastic under the steering wheel) I broke one of my clips...
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 05:17 PM   #6
zm_dawg

Hmmm...92-95 Civic.....see i'm looking for something cheaper but.....you know......prolly not though..it'll be a daily drive still wanna make it look good and shit.....but this way I won't have to worry about my warranty either.....I doubt i'd be able to get that part pdigg....if it's totalled I doubt I get to take parts outta it.....But I'm crossing my fingers....I'm taking pics tomarow maybe i'll be able to post some....
Any other ideas?
Old 12-27-2002, 06:37 PM   #7
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

cheaper than a 5th gen?
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 09:21 PM   #8
sohc_vtec 2NR

i doubt you can get any cheaper than a 5th gen civic...if you want a car to look and nice and go fast..the cheapest you can prolly buy would be a 5th gen civic....if you want other brands try the classic SE-R, quite cheap aren't they? and plenty of aftermarket support too..

what about a del sol..its a 2 seater though..

Nissan 200SX SE-R? look nice and i'm sure its SR20DE powerplant has its fair share of the aftermarket..

Mitsubishi Mirage...these car look sweet to me...and its has pretty good aftermarket support also

all of these cars have great reliability and can be made to go fast also...not to mention, they can be fixed up.