Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2003, 09:52 PM   #1
blsky

price on shaved trunk?

hey.

i got a 01' civic ex and i was wonderin if yall knew how much it mite cost me in a pretty good body shop to get the whole trunk shaved and the liscence plate placed in at the bottom part of the bumper, ne of yall kno? and maybe even a tail light conversion would help me out a lot if i could get a price tag on it.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:06 AM   #2
Mischief(LTS)

there are just so many options when it comes to shaving. i myself just got ordinary logo removal. if you knew how to do it, you could do it yourself. but as far as shaving EVERYTHING and filling, you need to weld alot. and that gets costly very fast. its too hard to say how much because there are so many variations, i would go to body shops and get quotes.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:15 AM   #3
sc0rch

well.......it's gonna have to be painted afterwards too......so then you add in the cost of paint plus the welding and body work.......i'd say pretty expensive.......just a guess but around $600-$1000...i know a $400 gap but thats just a guess......since the licenceplate is reinforced behind it and all of that support would need to be cut out and filled in.......it would be some work.....so i bet it's gonna be closer to $1000
Old 06-05-2003, 07:26 AM   #4
blsky

hey thx a lot guys very much appreciated

i got bout 1200 bux and im plannin on shavin EVERYTHING on the trunk and more but jusst the trunk for now want it allll shaved and the L plates indented in i think itll look hella phat but thx again fer ur advice n stuff
Old 06-05-2003, 11:31 AM   #5
Mischief(LTS)

no prob, congrats on your decision to customize your car uniquely :P

my #1 suggestion would just be to shave everything on the car all at once. side mouldings, all logos, holes, license plates, door handles. right after paint it. body kit and you are on the way to a nice looking car.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:52 AM   #6
blsky

ye i got most of that i got the handles shaved, antenna and side moldings i also already have a painted Bomex body kit which looks hella phat this is basically my final touch to my car and im pretty excited to get it done, was jus seein wat you guys thought of a good price on it