.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > My Car is Broken!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2002, 01:27 PM   #1
jewbacca

General Probs

Couple things starting to tick me off with my car, looking to get some advice
1. Idle is about 900 when engine is warm. Stick the clutch in, RPM's drop to dangerously low levels, causing shudders and sometimes stalling. I've heard anything from a timing belt, to a new clutch to replacing the idle controller, not too sure what to try first.
2. Clutch is getting "stuck". Petal litterally doesn't move after I take it down. Can't shift very easily. Gotta stomp on it repeatedly to get it back up. Could be clutch fluid? New clutch?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-26-2002, 02:11 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

the idle is normal for a car. what kind of car do u have ? for an accord the idle should be 700-750. As for the clkutch goes i think you will need a new one.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 02:21 PM   #3
jewbacca

4th gen lude. Its not the idle im worried about. When I push in the clutch, RPM's drop to 0, causing a stall. As far as I know, RPM's arent supposed to drop when a clutch is depressed.
Old 03-26-2002, 11:15 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

hmm that sounds interesting.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 07:58 PM   #5
cbrennan

Clutch problem sounds like your loosing fluid. Check the clutch master. See if it's full. Look under dash at pedal assembly(where pedal comes through firewall) to see if there is fluid on matting. Also check slave cylinder for leakage. Both are easy to replace.

Does car idle normal other than when you push clutch in?
How's your battery? Alternator charging properly?

Chris
Old 04-25-2002, 01:19 PM   #6
black95gs-t

i know you have a lude, but that sounds like a common problem with the 2g turbo dsm's called crankwalk. its where the crankshaft has play in it and it moves back and forth inside the engine. do you hear any knocking at all when you press the clutch? i would check all of the clutch stuff like they said first though. that would be much easier to fix.

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 09:13 AM   #7
EX_AutoXer

i had a problem like that with one of my jetta's... i first replaced the hydraulics, which helped some - but then it took me another year to figure out that the idle control valve wasn't functioning properly - so it compounded the problem. definitely check the hydraulics, because it may be putting to much load on the engine, causing it to stall.
Old 05-09-2002, 09:24 PM   #8
blind34_1

I have the same problem with an rpm drop when clutch is in. It doesn't drop to zero, but at idle it 'll drop about 200 from where it was. I wondered about temperature, heat shield, etc. but its all just a guess.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote