::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2003, 12:57 PM   #1
Slody 4 Futbol

Maint Req'd Light on! Help!

I went 2 the mall... and then when I cranked up my car to leave my maint req'd light came on. I'm at 158,000 miles and we just replaced the radiator and thermostat last week and it was fine. Then we got my a/c fixed so everything was going fine until this. Could there be nothing wrong and I'm just supposed to go in to the dealership for a checkup? I read there is a reset button. If I press that it will go off... but if there is a problem it should come back up right? I think I might try that. I went 2 AutoZone for the free check engine light testing and they said it was only for Integras 96 and up. So I got a guy 2 come out anywayz... and he said he couldn't find the hookup. So my questions... should I press the reset button? And where is the hookup and will it work?
Old 05-26-2003, 02:16 PM   #2
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

hey man... when that lgiht comes on it means u neeed to do a oil change.. it just lets you know when to change ur oil. its doesnt mean nothin is mechanically wrong... and yes there is a button to reset it after u do ur oil change. u just got to search for it. hold it in and then it will blink and go off and then your done with that.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:21 PM   #3
Slody 4 Futbol

sweet... thanks a lot... i was worried cuz i'm broke now... radiator... thermostat... a/c... and other stuff... and i don't get paid again til next friday **i work at a video store and i'm 18 haha** so money is very short for me... i wish my old camaro was like that... it didn't tell me nothin... oh well... thanks a lot
Old 05-26-2003, 03:35 PM   #4
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

its nothing..

after resetting, after a given period of miles it'll come on.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 09:47 AM   #5
dudeman47

I hate to sound like the a$$ hole here, but unless you have it really looked at be a pro, then you should have something to worry about. If you car's got a lot of work done to it, then the light will come on. If not there could be a bad thing wrong with it. It might be something simple but still needs to get fixed. That light doesn't only come on when the "oil needs changing" like some idiot said. There are a lot of things that the ECU in these engines look at and the light's on for a reason. You should be willing to pay to make sure it's running good.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:55 AM   #6
Shot 2 Hel

change the oil then hit the reset and if it comes back on get it checked
Old 05-29-2003, 12:03 PM   #7
Slody 4 Futbol

i changed the oil and reset it... no more light... i called acura and he said it comes on every so many miles like a reminder to do a checkup on the car