Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2004, 11:00 AM   #1
IALuder

Arafat's funeral

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

i dont understand why his death is such a big deal. he died, im glade he died. he never did any good. sure he almost achieved peace, but he failed.

now people are jumping to stories about whats going to happen. sources are saying we will be sending troops over there to keep civil peace till someone is elected. WHY? its not are problem. let them fight and kill eachother over who will lead. maybe they will all kill eachother make it alot easier.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 11:53 AM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

he tried to make peace and in that part of the world thats somehting to be said all in its self being in control of something. and yes this is kinda a big deal since the leader of a country died where there will probobly be a struggle for power. i didnt really know much about him, just what ive herd in the past few days

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:00 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Re: Arafat's funeral

Quote:
Originally posted by SFKing
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

i dont understand why his death is such a big deal. he died, im glade he died. he never did any good. sure he almost achieved peace, but he failed.

So your reason for being glad that he died is that he attempted to achieve peace and failed? Great reasoning Please, let's hear some more insight into the matter.

I'll admit that I don't know too much about him, but still I can understand the potential problems when a leader dies. We've made it our business to wish for peace in the middle east. After Arafat is gone, who will take over? There are many issues that come up when a power change takes place. Anyway, I'll let someone who knows a lot more than me comment...

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:10 PM   #4
IALuder

he had said he was going to acheive so many things. such as peace. make israil apart of palistine. but he never did. he told that he was going to accomplish this many years ago.

before he was elected he was the most prominent face of Palestinian opposition to Israel, first as the head of the PLO, which carried out terrorist attacks against Israeli targets, and later as the head of the quasi-governmental Palestinian Authority, after parts of the West Bank and Gaza were returned to Palestinian control.

Old 11-12-2004, 03:10 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well he managed to keep his people under control. Now we might send tropps there to prevent every israeli from being erased from the face of the earth.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 05:13 PM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
he had said he was going to acheive so many things. such as peace. make israil apart of palistine. but he never did. he told that he was going to accomplish this many years ago.

before he was elected he was the most prominent face of Palestinian opposition to Israel, first as the head of the PLO, which carried out terrorist attacks against Israeli targets, and later as the head of the quasi-governmental Palestinian Authority, after parts of the West Bank and Gaza were returned to Palestinian control.

Dude...you'd be pissed if a country denied that you were even a citizen of the U.S., wouldn't you? That's what Israelis did to Palestinians. True...there's no country called Palestine...but that doesn't mean they're not people. You'd probably also be a little pissed that a certain government (*ahem*...that would be us) gave someone intent on destroying you tanks and gunships and gave you nothing. They throw rocks and stick, the Israelis shoot back and pretend it's all legitimate. Sure, Hammas has staged a lot of suicide bombings in the past few years (though Arafat has no real ties to Hammas) and the PLO undertook a few terrorist acts of their own. But by that time the PLO was so heavily divided into so many groups it was unclear who really did it...but Arafat always seemed to take the shit for it. Trust me...it's a big deal that he's dead. Now that area of the world can either start to work towards peace and a sovereign Palestinian state (which would mean wasting less of our tax dollars on bullets and bombs to Israel) or it can explode into even more violence.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 09:49 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i think it will become the second choice for some reason. we kiss too much ass to israel for nothing

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 05:59 AM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:

This part really bothered me...and I couldn't figure out why. The it hit me...it's not your own thoughts. Please if you or anyone else displays a matter of opinion, please make it your own. Seeing as how you called Israel "Israil" and Palestine "Palistine" in the paragraph preceding this one, my guess is that you either copy-and-pasted it or just wrote it word-for-word. Either way, it belittles us all to plagarize things others have written.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 06:29 AM   #9
AzCivic

yeah i noticed SFKing's remarkable change in writing style as well. lame
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 08:44 AM   #10
IALuder

sorry, that i copied something that was written from someone else. but it explains the same reason i have. they siad it better then i did or could have. so i just used it. im sure have done something similar so dont call me lame.

Old 11-13-2004, 06:53 PM   #11
AzCivic

nope, i've never copied and pasted something else and then pretend as if i wrote it. if i ever copy anything i always say from where.

Last edited by AzCivic : 11-13-2004 at 11:33 PM.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 09:56 PM   #12
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
nope, i've never copied and pasted something else and pretended i wrote it. if i ever copy anything i always say from where.

ditto. Its fine to copy with a note saying where you got it from, but its far from ok to just post it. Not a big deal here, but the principle's the same anywhere...

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 02:43 AM   #13
CD5Passion

ouch ben...come on man you should know to cite the work bro
just requires a (*insert last name*) and a couple ""'s
we all fuck up sometime