Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2004, 10:47 AM   #1
98dx
Parked

What do you think??

What do you guys think i should do?Keep the civic or buy a new car?It wont be a brand new car but maybe around a 98-02 depending on the price.I have a 98 Civic dx 5spd, but im pretty much sick of driving a stick and plus i cant even keep up with my friends when we all go out on friday and saturday nights.

I was thinking about geting a Trans am A/T T-tops and all the good stuff.

And another thing too.If i do get a new car its not going to be till this spring when i have more money coming in.Should i trade it in or sell it?I still owe around $7k on it with 69k miles.So my what do you guys think about this?Thanks
98dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 11:58 AM   #2
96civicex
1st Gear

If it was me and I was going to spend all the money on a newer, loaded Trans Am; I would rather drop an Si engine in the civic and soup it up. I know it won't be as fast (unless you just want to go crazy with it), but it will be pretty quick. You'll save a whole lot on gas.
If you still owe 7 grand on your civic, there probably won't be much left over when you sell it or trade it in. I'm not knocking Trans Ams at all because I really like them, but thats just what I would do.
96civicex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 02:11 PM   #3
Honda_Tengoku

Trans-AM and Camaros are not very well built cars. I just plain dont like them. Sure in a straight line they are fast. Thats all they have. The plastic interior just falls apart, the handling is not that good, and can be unpredictable at times with the sold rear axle. The reliabilty is less than to be desired (atleast in my case) Also I just dont like cars that feel heavy. The Trans-AM/Camaros definately do, atleast to me. Not to mention everyone has a GM or Ford muscle car in their driveway making 600 HP. Its just too easy to make power in those cars. There is no challenge what so ever. How do I know? I used to own a Trans-Am. Got rid of it. Obviously I am pro-imports now for the reliability, gas mileage, handling, and the challenge. Its up to u. It depends on what Price range u are looking at but at new cars I would say as far as front-wheel drives the Dodge SRT-4 Neon (GOD here comes the hate posts!!!) would be my choice, and its only 21,000!!! Other cars I would choose would be the Lancer EVO VIII, or Subaru Imprezza WRX and maybe the WRX STi. Thats just me though. Good luck in your car hunt.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:25 PM   #4
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

(you still owe $7k on a 98 car? Man you overpaid like crazy...)

You should do what you want to do....but I wouldnt get a trans am either. WRX all the way if you want a good car.

Oh DAMN the stupid srt4! POS Motha phakers. just playin...theyre fun (but its still a chrysler...and those are junk)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:57 PM   #5
98dx
Parked

Well i will start with pdiggitydogg, I still owe $7k on it because ive only had it for 6 months.And im not really looking to buy a new car.Fwd isnt really my thing anymore.After have a truck for a year and then geting the Civic i just dont like it.But it is good on gas ill give it that much.

Oh DAMN the stupid srt4! POS Motha phakers. just playin...theyre fun (but its still a chrysler...and those are junk)
Yes Chrysler is junk.I have a 99 Dodge Dakota and ive had about $4k of work put into it since i got it.
But hey thanks for the posts.For the same price has a 02 Trans am i could go buy a brand new car..Later
98dx is offline   Reply With Quote