::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2003, 09:40 PM   #1
GHOST RYDER SOL

vortech

did vortech make a super charger for the h22a and with the super charger replacing the intake manafold would the engine fit in to ta del sol also i want to bore the h22 out to a 3.0 ive seen a prelude with a 3.0 in it and it made 324 hp is it good to turbo or super charge a bored out honda and i also heard if you bore out a honda it decreases the redline is this true?
Old 05-31-2003, 09:53 PM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Nope, no vortech for the h22.

it could fit, with a lot of chopping.. Sols dont have very big engine bays..

2.2 to 3.0?! Maybe.. But I dont think so.. One of my friends is the God son of the guy who owns Orion racing.. He goes thru 1-2 h22 a year.. All bored out to the fullest. 3.0 was never achieved. Work done by Orion racing.

The 3.0 might have been 3.0 CL V6, or a 3.0 Accord V6 engine.. Or even a bored out 2.7 Accord V6.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 10:04 AM   #3
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

just do b18c1 turbo....and you would be happy with it
or h22 turbo..

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 01:55 PM   #4
GHOST RYDER SOL

but the vortech makes masive hp i dont think ive ever seen a turbo on a honda that makes more han 100 hp with out nos
Old 06-02-2003, 05:56 PM   #5
Boosted3g

Quote:
but the vortech makes masive hp i dont think ive ever seen a turbo on a honda that makes more han 100 hp with out nos

What on earth are you talking about, i make over 600 whp and im all turbo. A Vortech is taking the worst of both worlds between centrifical superchargers and turbochargers. It has a superchargers version of spool up and it still has parasitic drag. Also changing boost is a pain in the ass and cant be configured to alter boost levels during a pass and you cant have override boost. Dont get me wrong superchargers have their place but compared to a turbocharger they just dont make the cut.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:39 AM   #6
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by Boosted3g
What on earth are you talking about, i make over 600 whp and im all turbo. A Vortech is taking the worst of both worlds between centrifical superchargers and turbochargers. It has a superchargers version of spool up and it still has parasitic drag. Also changing boost is a pain in the ass and cant be configured to alter boost levels during a pass and you cant have override boost. Dont get me wrong superchargers have their place but compared to a turbocharger they just dont make the cut.

Well there ya go!!!

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote