::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2001, 07:40 PM   #1
ced_jr10

need upgrade help

hello all. i'm thinkin' about swappin' my '91 crx's stock D-whatever block for a 1st gen. b16. there's a great site regarding the swap in this forum. look for racing rice. now to the point of this string. what are some of the basic, and some of the more complex upgrades i can make to my crx that would increase it's performance capabilities? (exhaust system, headers, intake, turbos, etc.) any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-18-2001, 11:00 AM   #2
rollin

well are talking about getting a b16 and whats involved in that or do you mean upgrades to your stock motor ?
Old 01-14-2002, 01:59 PM   #3
b16CRX

If you get the B16, you have the usual bolt on options that you get can pretty much anywhere. If you wanted to do somthing out of the ordianry, you could start by getting a pair of JUN stage 2 cams, cam gears, and a V-AFC. Just dont get the V-AFC if you dont get the cams, you are wasting like 400+ bones. Also, my friend has a H22 in a 95 civic hatch and he just got some cams from Crower, the dyno sheets show almost 20 hp at the wheels, thats awesome! They are also a lot cheaper (in price) than the JUN or even cams from Toda Racing.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:45 AM   #4
rollin

i would stay away from crower. i have seen nothing but problems from them, i mean u get what u pay for with those cams, one of the other forums i frequent someone just had one break and all crower said is basically tuff shit, which is totally weak. Here is the link.

http://www.hybridforum.net/showthrea...sb=5&o=7&part=