::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2004, 01:09 AM   #1
Victorystardrop

considering turbo

Ok so im considering turbo for my ex...but I have a skunk 2 catback, and I hear you need 3'' piping w/ a turbo so will I haveto replace/modify it? Also I was trying to look around and find a decent turbo kit w/ all the goodies (intercooler ect.) for decent prices with no luck...anyone have any recommendations on what brands to go with or any good deals on whole packages?
Old 09-05-2004, 01:22 AM   #2
rushb18

Where are you located..If your close to kentucky there is a guy from i think its bowling green that does turbo hook ups and he does a complete hook up installed for 1500 or 1600 there has been a couple of my friends having him do theres oh yea and its all greddy really nice set up...If your close i can try to find out next time i go back to visit which should be soon i get you his number and shit....
Old 09-05-2004, 11:38 AM   #3
Victorystardrop

Unfortunately im up in Mass, but thanks for considering it.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:48 AM   #4
thermal
Banning Machine

Please.... ask this question on the turbo forum! That's what it's for......

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 12:02 PM   #5
thermal
Banning Machine

Ok... now that I moved it...

Isnt it skunk2 cat-back has a 2.5 inch piping? If that's the case then you are fine. If you plan to "fully" build your motor for boost, then yeah, go 3 inch. I'm speaking of complete build up which involves anything that will push your motor's stock hp 3 times more. It's insignificant for low boost. The only thing I would recommend for any turbo set-up, low boost or high boost, is to get a high flow cat. It will make your turbo minimize lag. Just be careful, some OBD2 cars will trip a CEL with a secondary O2 code. But it can be dealt with by either using an O2 simulator on the secondary or swap your ECU to OBD1.

If you want a decent turbo kit, get with Hondaman-iac for prices. Otherwise go to www.homemadeturbo.com/forum to build your own. Review the tech articles on my site and search in the turbo forum. you will be suprised on how many times I've answered questions like yours. Use the turbo forum as a tool.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 09-05-2004, 12:08 PM   #6
JDMFantasy2k

Quote:
Originally posted by Victorystardrop
Unfortunately im up in Mass, but thanks for considering it.

what part of mass? i'm 20 minutes out of worcester
Old 09-06-2004, 03:14 AM   #7
Victorystardrop

Yea im not really comfortable building my own or putting together one, thats kinda why I wanted to just find a dependable whole kit that will holdup to everyday driving. But thanks for that link, I learnt a few things from that site. (btw im from NB, about an hour and a half south of worcester)
Old 09-06-2004, 08:03 AM   #8
thermal
Banning Machine

GReddy is cheap and great on the street for daily commute....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 09-06-2004, 08:01 PM   #9
mcruz
2nd Gear

hey i brought a greddy complete kit i need to to add nothing i mean nothing all bolt on. go to www.city-speed.com, they have every thing you need, i got mines and i love it. , also for an extra 150 u can add the blow valve. total prices, with shipping $2535. good luck turboD16

FOCUSHARD
mcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 02:18 AM   #10
Victorystardrop

Ahh, how has it held up so far and how do you like it? Oh and if you put it on a D16 what kind of power gains did you get?
Old 09-07-2004, 02:14 PM   #11
thermal
Banning Machine

Power gain is based on how much boost is being pushed. At stock 5.5 psi GReddy, you may be about 135-145 whp on SOHC VTEC.

Rule of thumb:
1 psi boost is equal to 10 plus/minus 2 hp depending on A/F ratio and atmospheric condition.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 09-07-2004, 04:41 PM   #12
mcruz
2nd Gear

i love it, when i am driving i feel strong and good it is holding up good, to me it is a strong turbo, but its my first, but the guys from my car club would agree that it is very nice. i will be getting it dyno next week i hope, and i am at only 6psi. and it move.

FOCUSHARD
mcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 05:10 PM   #13
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by mcruz
i love it, when i am driving i feel strong and good it is holding up good, to me it is a strong turbo, but its my first, but the guys from my car club would agree that it is very nice. i will be getting it dyno next week i hope, and i am at only 6psi. and it move.

Are you gonna get it dyno tuned or just dyno run. You need to get that e-manage looked at. I do not know many people who had luck on using it. I've sent 2 of those back to GReddy myself for re-flash. I think that part of the reason you are having rough RPM is due to that e-manage. Your e-manage is not sending proper signal manipulation to the ECU. Goodluck...

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum