::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2002, 04:05 PM   #1
BrandonClaps

WOHOO! Compustar's new alarm

Finally compustar has there new alarm out. Using spread spectrum technology, the range is 1.25 miles. You can check there web site for some local dealers. I'm not sure on a price yet, i gotta call up one of my friends at a local car audio place see if they've even got em yet.

I'm not sure if the other models are upgradable, but if they are i just may have to get one.

http://www.compustar.org
Old 01-19-2002, 04:26 PM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Thanks for letting us know!

Man those remotes are sweet..

So Brandon, have you started working your cardio for that run??

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 09:02 PM   #3
BrandonClaps

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man
Thanks for letting us know!

Man those remotes are sweet..

So Brandon, have you started working your cardio for that run??

rofl, your tellin me, imma have to tell whoevers with me to go run to my car someones just opened my door lol. Or possibly compustar could put like an intercom inside the car and use the remote and talk to the thief telling him u know what he's doing and your running as fast as you can rofl
Old 01-20-2002, 01:04 PM   #4
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandonClaps

rofl, your tellin me, imma have to tell whoevers with me to go run to my car someones just opened my door lol. Or possibly compustar could put like an intercom inside the car and use the remote and talk to the thief telling him u know what he's doing and your running as fast as you can rofl

Haha, an intercom is a cool idea..

You could ask him how bigs he is, if he's armed and all that..

Plus it may be possible to just convince him to not take anything.... Cause stealing is bad..

muhaha

Old 01-22-2002, 07:43 PM   #5
juvenile

Re: WOHOO! Compustar's new alarm

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandonClaps
Finally compustar has there new alarm out. Using spread spectrum technology, the range is 1.25 miles. You can check there web site for some local dealers. I'm not sure on a price yet, i gotta call up one of my friends at a local car audio place see if they've even got em yet.

I'm not sure if the other models are upgradable, but if they are i just may have to get one.

http://www.compustar.org

to answer your question

"New CompuSTAR line introduced by Firstech, Inc. is now upgradeable...

Firstech, Inc. has introduced an all-new third generation line up for 2002. It will consist of an AM (amplitude modulation) introductory one-way unit, an FM (frequency modulation) 447MHz two-way unit and an SS (spread spectrum) 900MHz two-way unit that has a transmitting distance of up to 1.25 miles. All three of the newly released models come in alarm only, starter only and alarm/starter combinations. The new line will also give one the ability to upgrade from one system to the next by simply changing antenna kits and programming the desired transmitter. This will still require technician support so contact your authorized CompuSTAR dealer for details."
Old 01-23-2002, 12:46 PM   #6
BrandonClaps

they don't offer upgrading from older alarms through, they are talking about upgrading from a 2002 alarm to a 2002 alarm/starter. I called on it myself. I was gonna become a dealer, if the place around here wasn't so close to me (10 miles). The brains are alot smaller (really good thing) and remotes are bigger.
Old 02-01-2002, 09:32 PM   #7
onebad90accord

Does anyone know how much this alarm is? I can't find a price or dealer anywhere. I really badly want this alarm because all my stuff recently got stolen !!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2002, 09:37 PM   #8
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Over here, Compustar with pager units start at 600$ CAN.

Old 02-02-2002, 12:15 AM   #9
BrandonClaps

yea here they are about $375, but you can't get them without being installed. so it's like another $150.
I'll sell you mine, Compustar 2000AS for $275 or BO

It's there highest 2001 model. Alarm/Starter with lcd paging remote.
Old 02-02-2002, 01:58 PM   #10
onebad90accord

yah so its the one in the pic on the web site right? why do you want to sell it? anyway i would like to buy it that would be cool...let me know and also how hard are they to install?
Old 02-02-2002, 03:49 PM   #11
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by onebad90accord
yah so its the one in the pic on the web site right? why do you want to sell it? anyway i would like to buy it that would be cool...let me know and also how hard are they to install?

If you dont have experience with these type of installs I dont think you should do it..

If not perfectly done, it'll constantly be giving you trouble..

Old 02-02-2002, 03:51 PM   #12
BrandonClaps

the one on there site is a 2002 models. they are $600 US installed MSRP. I've got a 2001. I'm thinkin bout gettin that 2002 model, it's slower in response but has a longer range. If you know what your doing it's not hard to install. There are alot of wires though heh. You can bring it to someone else and have it done, I'm sure they'll do it just charge you by the hour. I gotta call compustar to get aonther installation manual faxed to me, i'm not sure if i kept it in the box. This is what it looks like. You will have to wait though till it gets warm enough for me to get in there and take it out, and thats not this weeek lol it's low 20's. Soon as we hit 40's again i'll do it if your serious. This is what it looks like
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dcp01210 (small).jpg (41.5 KB, 47 views)