::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2002, 01:28 PM   #1
Mushroom

adjustable vs non-adj shocks

I've been considering new springs (probably pro-kit) and shocks for my 96 vic. I note that the opinions in the forum favor the adjustable shocks (agx, tokico whites, koni yellows) over the cheaper, non-adjustable ones (gr2, blues, reds).

Are the adjustables preferable because they're adjustable (do you change your dampening rate that often?), or are they also higher quality / better for "sporty" driving than the cheaper models? I can't see myself being all that picky about dampening rates, just want to lower a little and keep a smooth ride.
Old 02-25-2002, 01:52 PM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I love having adjustable..

It allows you to tune in your suspension for the feel that you like best and allows you to get the best handle out of it. After you have it set to where you like it you usually dont mess with it, unless you change something in your suspension setup.

For example, after I added my rear swaybar it gave me a little bit of oversteer, By tightening up the front and loosening up the rear it gave the car a more lively, yet neutral feel.

I had Tockico blues, then bought Koni Yellows... Theres no compare.. They are worth the Extra money IMO..