Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2002, 10:29 PM   #1
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

here is a tough one (tranny)

here is how it starts: i went today to do a tranny oil change, so i jack the car up, remove both of the wheels, so i will run with the car @2500 rpms in every gear to do like a tranny flush. When i was doing this i hear a pretty weird noise comming from the engine bay and underneath the car, so i ask my friend to look at it. He tells me that the engine is moving backwards too much. I ask him to keep the car running at 30 mph while i take a look at the thing. Damn, the whole engine tranny assembly moves backwards so the tranny will bend the driveshaft (from the joint) and then hit it causing the noise. After i drained and refilled the oil in the tranny i ask him to run the car so i can see the thing once again. The tranny won't go back that far now but the right wheel will turn intermitently (1/4th of a turn then stop, another 1/4th and stop). After i let the engine run for 5 minutes the wheel starts turning constantly and no more stops. I looked at the mount of the tranny and engine and everything seems to be ok except the "dog bone" torque motormount. Any ideas what could be causing this ? Any clue how much for the mounts and labor ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 05:31 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

anyone ?

well i talked to one honda dealership and they told me that the rear moun is busted. this will not happen often but they saw cases of it happening. The part itself is 400 andf the labor is 182.50. ohh well majestic honda has it on the net for about 180 just for the rubber insulator, and i need 4 screws bringing the total up to $200

Old 04-11-2002, 07:37 PM   #3
spoogenet

Rear moun? Rear mount....engine mount, transmission mount (does such a thing exist?)?

b
Old 04-15-2002, 09:47 PM   #4
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
anyone ?

well i talked to one honda dealership and they told me that the rear moun is busted. this will not happen often but they saw cases of it happening. The part itself is 400 andf the labor is 182.50. ohh well majestic honda has it on the net for about 180 just for the rubber insulator, and i need 4 screws bringing the total up to $200

Have you looked around for the part? www.hparts.com
www.car-parts.com
Old 04-15-2002, 10:00 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i'll make it the getto way with 3m window welder polyurethane. after it cures that stuff is pretty stong.

advance autoparts has them for $240 for the rear and $45 for the torque mounts.