::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2002, 02:01 PM   #1
djkenc

Check Engine Light!!!!

i removed the cover for my headers to clean it and when i did that i unplugged the wires for the oxygen sensor(i think that is what it is) and when i installed it back on i forgot to plug it back!!! so then i started my engine then the check engine light turned on and i suddenly remembered the wire!!! so then i turned off the engine and plugged it back in. but the engine light still remains on. my friend said it should go off within 3 more trips but it has been almost a week! would there be any damage or do i just need to have somebody reset it?
Old 04-10-2002, 02:24 PM   #2
bckwld94acc

Try checking hte o2 sensor again and try taking out and plugging it back in. If that doesn't work, you may have to reset it somehow.
Old 04-10-2002, 03:51 PM   #3
blownteggy

first, do you have a stock stereo? if you do locate the security pin the dealship gave you, if you have an aftermarket deck don't worry about it...now, unscrew the negative wire from the battery, then take out the ecu fuse in the fuse box...let it sit like that for 10-15 minutes...after 10-15 minutes plug the fuse back in and put the negative wire back on the terminal...start the car and let it run for 15 minutes...DO NOT STEP ON THE GAS!!! hope that works...also if you got astock deck enter the pin so you can listen to the radio later hope that works
Old 04-10-2002, 03:51 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

www.hondata.com/techecucodes.html

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 08:14 PM   #5
djkenc

hey thanks blownteggy!!!!!! that worked like a charm...so if there was nething wrong with the engine the light would just turn back on but since it didnt' then everything should be fine??
Old 04-11-2002, 11:54 AM   #6
blownteggy

Quote:
Originally posted by djkenc
hey thanks blownteggy!!!!!! that worked like a charm...so if there was nething wrong with the engine the light would just turn back on but since it didnt' then everything should be fine??

everything is fine. the only reason it went off was because you started the car without the o2 sensor plugged in. BTW where do you spin at?
Old 04-12-2002, 02:27 AM   #7
djkenc

well i'm still in the process of gettin my name out there n stuff...i have 2 raves comin up in the summer...still dunno all the details yet but they r gonna be pretty big. (might be spinnin along side mars n mystre, thomas trouble, and many more big names from the bay) i had lots of peeps promise me things but a lot of them flake on me so i'm still tryin 2 find that person that will really help me out....
Old 04-12-2002, 02:10 PM   #8
blownteggy

Quote:
Originally posted by djkenc
well i'm still in the process of gettin my name out there n stuff...i have 2 raves comin up in the summer...still dunno all the details yet but they r gonna be pretty big. (might be spinnin along side mars n mystre, thomas trouble, and many more big names from the bay) i had lots of peeps promise me things but a lot of them flake on me so i'm still tryin 2 find that person that will really help me out....

have spun at 550 before?
Old 04-12-2002, 03:48 PM   #9
djkenc

i'm talkin to this promoter for 550, 1015 and the end up...still tryin 2 work things out wit them...hopefully i'll be spinnin there soon.