::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2002, 10:56 AM   #1
HoOn

Hayame Mufflers

Hi! My brother wanted me to ask you wonderful folks if Hayame Mufflers are good? he wants a quiet yet low tone on it. Like me he has an Intake/headers and a custom piping in it.
Old 02-07-2002, 01:28 PM   #2
synical_accord

never messed with hayame per say, but here are some guidelines as i have experianced. any of the bomb- type mufflers will, without the baffle(silencer), be a little loud. But then again thats all personal opinion on whats loud and not loud. i have a chambered style muffler. these in essence mind you give a deeper or lower tone. then again this is all in my opoinion. i have a tanabe DTM rear section and a custom 2.25 in. mid pipe. Sounds nice to me.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:20 PM   #3
SWIFT

if your exhaust pipe(B pipe) has no resonator, it will be louder than the one that has one. generally, oval mufflers are quieter than the canister type ones. i had a super dragger exhaust and it was too loud for me, so i replaced just the muffler w/ nakayama oval (tanabe style) muffler.. i like it a lot
Old 05-29-2003, 08:59 PM   #4
Netrisk032

yeah dude they are definately sweet mufflers. nice and low and not too loud but just loud enough. not o can o bees per se. i have one on my 95 civic ex and bro has one on his 95 accord ex and it sounds quite excellent. hope i was a help.