::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2002, 05:19 PM   #1
Triggedy

D16y8 Manifold Swap

Remember this one from a couple weeks ago?

http://www.makuragi.s5.com/civic_99/Y8maniswap/

Well, I think I've gotten up the balls to attempt this one, but I have a few questions...

1. Is it necessary to ..."extend the wires for the EVAC/Purge unit and #4 injector as Gabby did"?

2. I'm not crazy about having an erratic idle while the car is cold...granted it warms up faster than previous generations, it'd be a nagging bother to me..."If you [decide] to, you can run the coolant bypass into one of the openings on the bottom of the Y7 TB, and the other opening to the coolant line to prevent such erratic cold idle" Could someone show me a pic or two of this, I'd like to know which hose/hole/both I'm aiming for before I do this...

My philosophy as well as many others is...the best mechanic is a well prepared mechanic, so I don't want to have any issues come about while I'm doing this.

Thank you for posting this thing too, it's an awesome mod that everyone should consider. Also, if you want to get the manifold and TB, you can get them at thepartstrader.com, ebay, and your local auto parts recycler (Don't you dare call them a JUNK YARD, hehe!)

Again, thank you all for your help.