.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2002, 01:21 AM   #81
bootstrap

i dunno who the **** melteye thinks he is, but im' not basing most of what i say on research, i'm basing it on what i KNOW, so whatever facts your getting are mostly WRONG
Old 10-06-2002, 11:20 AM   #82
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally posted by bootstrap
i dunno who the **** melteye thinks he is, but im' not basing most of what i say on research, i'm basing it on what i KNOW, so whatever facts your getting are mostly WRONG

Ya but the problem is that what you "know" is limited you merely experimented with marijuanna. the effects vary over time and use.

one person posted that they smoked a bunch of times and never felt anything... that's because when it's initially introduced to your body it can react in different ways. most people don't get high the first couple times they smoke...

once they do get high it's generally either:
A. A really giddy high which lasts like 30-120 min. filled with side splitting laughter and loss of breath.
B. They get REALLY tired.

After you use for a while 3-6 months it is a totally different experience (and again this is VERY individual... some people start to get paranoid and stop because they can't deal with being in public or can't function properly at all when they're high (some continue to use anyway)) but for most of the people i know and myself... they remain perfectly normal functioning parts of society only they smoke pot. thats all. It relaxes me yes if i let it relax me too much i don't get much accomplished. but at the same time I am working full time and going to school at night and doing well.

It's all a matter of personality and individual brain chemestry. If you freak out when cops pull you over if you don't smoke pot or your generally nervous feel free to try it if you want but sounds to me like it's not for you. but if yer an angry white bastard like me then it might be the leveling factor in your life that prevents you from climbing the tower.

So Bootstrap.. you sound like you should have kept smoking it may have mellowed you out eventually. Also don't ever over or UNDER estimate research. it's only as good as it's collection, subjects, and interpretation.

also there's tons and tons of Marijuana will save the world shit out there and it's not all that but it's not what your government/middle america wants you to think it is either.

LASTLY as far as melteye was saying about being better than tobacco smoke or traffic fumes YOU ARE WRONG most people who smoke pot either
A. smoke crappy pot in large quantities. (there is tons and tons more tar in unfiltered marijuana smoke than there is in EVEN unfiltered tabacco smoke. also marijuana smokers take bigger longer pulls and generally hold it for at least slightly longer than a pull off a cigarette)
B. smoke Really GOOD pot in smaller quantities. (this shit will make you cough no matter who you are it's just potent and after smoking even a small joint there is GOBS and GOBS of tar at the end of the roach. that does not happen at all with cigarettes.)

Over all pot smokers are not out there taking tiny controlled scientificlly measured hits. They're ripping 4 foot bong hits and 6 inch hog-legged joints/blunts. Taking big pulls and trying to either look cool or just get REALLY HIGH.

So if you really want a scientific test I'll smoke a cigarette through1 towell and a J through the other and take pics of the differnt stains on the towel cuz that's what's goin in yer lungs.
nonovurbizniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 06:44 PM   #83
melteye

I know a few people who smoke 40 ciggaretes a day. You'll rarely find anyone who smokes that much marijuana in one day. And I do know a few who take small amounts of strong marijuana who measure their dosages with a scale and divide them into bags. But thanks for not just completelty bashing my posts like someone else here.

Marijuana should be taken through a water bong or water pipe and you shouldn't buy brickweed. Since I don't support buying from drug dealers the marijuana that I'm speaking of is home grown hydro... Not weak mexican brick.

Bootstrap. As for not beleiving anything I said based on research... Wait a minute. Your saying that you'd rather beleive what YOU want then what thousands of doctors have found out over the last thirty years?

I don't really care what you choose to beleive, but if you think something a scientist says is complete bullshit without even doing any work yourself then your being pretty rude to me... This is my job, I don't go around creating and spreading lies.

PS: And I'm not saying everyone should start smoking Marijuana. There are risks involved and they should be weighed. Personally I don't want Marijuana legalized, too many people abuse it, but I would like it used more for medical use. Research is being collected on it's use to stimulate the immune system and protect alzheimers patients from A.S.S. Marijuana is currently used to treat AIDS patients to stimulate appetite and ease pain. I began to study it for its use on acute schizophrenia since I suffer from the disorder to the point where normal living is difficult, and medication such as haldol have very very horrible side effects (mentally) on me.

Marijuana isn't 100% healthy for you... Not nearly. But neither is Valium, Morphine, Haldol or any other medication you'll find used to treat various problems.
Old 10-06-2002, 06:54 PM   #84
melteye

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
Over all pot smokers are not out there taking tiny controlled scientificlly measured hits. They're ripping 4 foot bong hits and 6 inch hog-legged joints/blunts. Taking big pulls and trying to either look cool or just get REALLY HIGH.

I consider these people the equivalent of alcaholics. And as for the "J and Towel" research something a little more professional has been done with marijuana of various strengths and overall it had much less impact on the lungs then typical tobacco use.

Edit: Joints were not tested, they did pretty bad to begin with. Water bongs and vaporizors are the only methods used... And should be the ones users use the most.
Old 10-07-2002, 10:58 AM   #85
nonovurbizniz

vaporizorers don't even ignite the vegetable matter they play off the fact that thc vaporizes at a lower temperature than the vegetable matter. this off course yields almost no tar. the tar which is what is in much higher concentrations in marijuana as compared to tobacco is why by volume marijuana is "worse" than tobacco. 1 joint has as much tar as 20 cigarettes.

however tobacco contains hundreds of man-made and naturally occuring toxins and chemicals.

and as far as bongs are concerned you both make the smoke more dense and increase the amount of smoke that would enter your lungs. so it's defenatly NOT the ideal method of dosage.

as 2ndgenlude said eating marijuanna has NO effects on the lungs. other risks have not been scientificll evaluated.

also 30 years of research doesn't guarantee QUALITY research
Old 10-07-2002, 11:11 AM   #86
melteye

I've come to the conclusion that many scientists and organizations are completely full of shit.

As for research on marijuana everything is controversial and it's gone to the point where I can't continue working with these people.

**** research, our system doesn't work as well as it should.

Old 10-07-2002, 10:47 PM   #87
SilverHX4Me
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by melteye
Hard drugs are a complete different category then Marijuana. As for taking drugs at a rave or even accepting anything you eat at a rave was a big mistake. Raves are the center of date rape and ****ed up people, thats like buying marijuana from a dealer who has a wall of cocaine lined up behind him.

I do not support buying ANY illicit drugs of any kind. IF you ever do buy marijuana make sure you know the dealer very well, as in one of your close friends, not someone you know because they sell. And if your taking any drug without studying it first the effects are YOUR fault, if it is laced its YOUR fault. Study drugs and KNOW what your getting, its not that hard to tell pure marijuana apart from laced marijuana. (I didn't mean YOU, I mean the people who take drugs)

And as for crawling in the mud looking for crickets, it sounds like methamphetamines or cheap lsd to me. Email me any other side effects you noticed if thats not a problem (dan@melteye.com). I want to know what you took, you gotta watch out for your health. I don't want the fiancee of my friend harmed.

I'm very aware of the affects now... too bad it almost always takes a bad experience before people learn anything.
My side affects were pretty much seriously being dizzy,hearing things ( crickets) trying to cut myself with my fingernails ( cuz at one point i thought they were in my skin) ... i don't remember 100% of it. I just know the experience sucked and I NEVER touched a single drug again and never will. You never ever know what you're getting who it's been passed through or if someone is sick and wants to hurt you.
SilverHX4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 07:49 PM   #88
melteye

Those side effects sound extremely extremely close to speed/meth... But in your article it spoke of LSD.

Hmmm... I've never heard of LSD side effects like that
Old 10-08-2002, 07:54 PM   #89
mt.biker

all this talk makes me want to try some stuff again
Old 10-08-2002, 07:55 PM   #90
melteye

Then I guess we should stop talking.

The side effects you had are called "Crank Bugs". When you hear insects and feel them beneath your skin or "think" they are in your body. Alot of people try cutting themselves to get the bugs out. Most the time it's crickets... Probably because they all hear similar noises.
Old 10-08-2002, 10:05 PM   #91
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
all this talk makes me want to try some stuff again

Yeah do it. All your friends are doin' it. You aren't cool unless you do it....

Old 10-08-2002, 10:29 PM   #92
melteye

Ya... Being a moron is the IN thing.

Old 10-09-2002, 11:08 PM   #93
fastasfoggy

wow i just learned more about drugs than i did in all of high school...well at least in school,

and melteye
is haldol for bipolar disorder? i take depakote for seizures...and i have never felt side effects of smoking pot. and really have never had a seizure while smoking pot
Old 10-10-2002, 12:08 AM   #94
melteye

Haldol (Haloperidol) is an anti-psychotic used to treat psychosis, confusion and delusions. It is also widely used as a behavior modifier as well as for turrets syndrome.

Depakote (Divalproex sodium) alters chemicals in the brain that are involved in seizures, mania (bipolar included) and migraines.

Hopefully that answers your question. As for the side effects of bipolar not much is noticed. The research I had the doctors focus on was Schizophrenia, which isn't a good thing to have while doing ANY drugs... Including many OTC medications.

As for saying I'm wrong about marijuana being healthier then tobacco.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabi...is_info3.shtml

Shows that they are around the same, and MUCH less is being smoked per day on daily marijuana users.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:10 PM   #95
ohiochica

your on depakote and you smoke pot? wise health choices! i am astounded by the overwelming population of honda style members that have unused brains laying around. here is a joke for all the brainiacs......

In the hospital the relatives gathered in the waiting room, where their family member lay gravely ill.

Finally, the doctor came in looking tired and somber.
"I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news," he said as he surveyed the worried faces.

"The only hope left for your loved one at this time is a brain
transplant. It's an experimental procedure, very risky but it is the only hope."

"Insurance will cover the procedure, but you will have to pay for the brain yourselves."

The family members sat silent as they absorbed the news. After a great length of time, someone asked, "Well, how much does a
brain cost?"

The doctor quickly responded, "$5,000 for a male brain, and $200 for a female brain."

The moment turned awkward. Men in the room tried not to smile, avoiding eye contact with the women, but some actually smirked. A man, unable to control his curiosity, blurted out the question everyone wanted to ask, "Why is the male brain so much more?"

The doctor smiled at the childish innocence and explained to the entire group, "It's just standard pricing procedure. We have to mark down the price of the female brains, because they've actually been used."

Ohio HST members please read this
ohiochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 03:07 PM   #96
fastasfoggy

ohio woman....i have smoked alot of pot while on this drug, tegretol and another migraine pill and never felt a side effect, next time i feel like making a personal decision like that ill be sure to ask you if it is wise. why dont you put that brain of yours to use on something that has to do with you.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:11 PM   #97
fastasfoggy

and melteye do you think depakote and pot would interact? they never have with me..in high school i was taking six 250mg pills aday...
Old 10-10-2002, 06:58 PM   #98
melteye

To the extent of my knowledge they should be fine together. They effect different hormones and different parts of the brain completely.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:44 PM   #99
monkut

i find it slightly amusing that whenever a person argues the "pot is bad" side, they never provide information. "its wrong, i just know." i can relate though, i used to be the same way. that "i just know" part comes from societal influences that encourages the idea of marijauna being bad. bad is kinda a vague word, too.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:23 AM   #100
fastasfoggy

thanks melteye
Old 10-11-2002, 10:48 AM   #101
ohiochica

ummmm, i never said not to, nor did i ever say ask me first. so in that retrospect you my friend can just kiss my azz. as for not knowing about antipsychotic meds, i do know alot about them i have had to take many classes in regards to them. (due to my job) and also when i was in highschool many years ago a freind of mine was on antiseizure meds and he decided one night to be cool and smoke with us, not long after he did he was being lifelfighted to the hospital. that night he had a a 45 minute grand mal, and that led into a stroke. he is still not back to baseline 6 years later.

oh and melteye saying they effect different parts of the brain...since when did brain waves and chemicals become secluded to one area?

if marijuana was all this safe wouldnt ya think it would be legalized by now?

Old 10-11-2002, 06:24 PM   #102
fastasfoggy

you dont know anything about pot.. and if that kid was hanging out with you he was probably doing a speedball just to get through it, this is pointless
Old 10-11-2002, 06:38 PM   #103
melteye

I'm sorry ohiochica, but there is no polite way of putting this... That post was extremely ignorant.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Your entire brain doesn't perform one function, thinking that it does reminds me of a first grader. There are different receptors for different substances, schizophrenic activity peaks in the frontal lobes, etc. Get your facts straight.

The only serious side effect of taking divalproex sodium and certain strains of marijuana is extreme sedation... Which obviously isn't a problem in this case.
Old 10-11-2002, 06:48 PM   #104
melteye

Quote:
if marijuana was all this safe wouldnt ya think it would be legalized by now?

You don't know how much you just pissed me off with this statement. Do you know how many HORRIBLE medications are used every single day? Do you know the ****ing horrible side effects they can cause, and many of which I have personally experienced?

Look up Lithium and Diazepam... Read carefully and thuroughly.

Have you ever suffered from bipolar disorder? Have you ever gone through such a long and hard episode of depression that it's hard to breath... How about suffering from a dissociative disorder for 4 years and barely remember anything you've done or what horrible things are going on in your other life? Or not knowing what to beleive or what not to beleive...

I don't ****ing think so.

If you think all legal things are healthy for you or are better then ones that are illegal then you have serious problems...

PS: Didn't mean to sound that rude... Just had a very "strange" life and have had alot of bad experiences with legal medication.
Old 10-11-2002, 10:13 PM   #105
ohiochica

if you dont mind i would rather discuss my personal life in a pm. but for teh most part to your questions......YES.

sorry for flying off the handle earlier, weed is a hot topic for me and has caused many horrific events in my life.

as for this thread, my intention was not to piss people off, so in that retrospect i am done with it entirely. if you would care to take this to pm thats fine if not please understand we have come from basically the same side of the street.

oh and no i dont believe all legal things are safe.......one major one is vaccines! and another like you mentioned is lithium. but ya know whgat it has helped way too many bp people to be discontinued.

Old 10-11-2002, 10:46 PM   #106
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Geez. You guys are really into arguing about this aren't you?

You're never going to convince the other side to believe your views. Especially on the Internet.

Some like it. Some don't. Some smoke. Some won't. Its all about preferences. Try not to control what others do. If you do you'll spend far too much time & energy on them instead of yourself.

Well I'm out for the night............
Old 10-12-2002, 01:05 AM   #107
melteye

My point is that Marijuana has helped me in many ways, and medication that was given to me for the last 8 years has done horrible things to my mind.

I know where your coming from though, I spent about 150 hours interviewing and evaluating drug addicts (mostly cocaine and heroine) and their stories weren't very nice... Disturbed me greatly.

And Civic, I'm not trying to make people who dislike pot go out and get high I'm just trying to lessen the insults towards responsible marijuana users.

I have bipolar disorder, marijuana helps me through the lows and allows me to remember childhood events better so I can deal with the memories. I have schizophrenia... Marijuana doesn't make this better but it makes corner-eye visuals less disturbing and not a big deal. Even if they are more frequent while high, but I don't recommend smoking marijuana if you have schizophrenia, some people can't handle the "20%" increase in psychotic activity while high. I am also obsessive compulsive, while high and 7-8 hours after the high OCD is not apparent in my behavior. I am anorexic, when I get stressed out I can't eat... If I try I gag. Obviously marijuana fixes that + a bunch Gained 10 pounds and I'm now a healthy weight.

What I dislike about marijuana is that for the first 40 minutes of being high it's harder to follow movie storylines... But my longterm memory increases an extraordinary amount. I also dislike the feeling of being slow, which can be fixed by lowering the dosage... But I need enough to stop my migraines which come daily so thats not an option.

The medication that was given to me for migraines and bipolar for two months was Vicodin (5mg hydrocodone 500mg acetaminophen). This drug makes me feel happy, it makes me eat more, it makes my mind clearer and schizophrenia stops completely... While on Vicodin I feel NORMAL... I'm not thinking about how horrible the world is... I'm just focusing on whats happening around me... and enjoying life.

Too bad it damages your liver... and is a very addictive drug with many side effects (mostly from longterm use... which isnt legal). So continuing on that medication was not an option.

Have to deal with what you can find... And so far after dozens of pills and shots (doctors, not illegal drug use) with no luck I found two drugs that work... Opiates (Hydrocodone) fix everything, and Marijuana fix's most and adds a few more small problems.
Old 10-12-2002, 10:15 AM   #108
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

melteye,

Man that's pretty ****ed up. Prescription drugs are horrible. I definately see your side.

I mean when they prescribe something to resolve one issue and it creates 2 or 3 more, what the hell is the point? I personally refuse to take prescription drugs. I also don't take OTC drugs unless its an absolute need. I barely will take anything for headaches. There's natural ways to solve almost anything.
Old 10-12-2002, 05:44 PM   #109
fastasfoggy

melteye.....
what is bipolar disorder? i have no idea about it except i heard ben stiller suffers from it too...and
have you ever seen a show on hbo called inside bellevue? its about the emergency room in new yorks bellevue asylum..its pretty interesting and really scary
Old 10-14-2002, 02:48 PM   #110
Spazum888
3rd Gear

either way.... as long as you keep it im moderation.... dont go over board wit it

Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.
well, you can stil get one from a strange country :-P
Spazum888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 07:33 PM   #111
melteye

Bipolar disorder (Manic-Depressive Disorder) is a mental disorder that causes extreme mood swings from depression to mania.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:03 PM   #112
SilverHX4Me
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by melteye
Bipolar disorder (Manic-Depressive Disorder) is a mental disorder that causes extreme mood swings from depression to mania.

It can actually be a lot more invoved than that.. it leads to DID and all sorts of other mental disorders, serious suicidal thoughts/attempts and at many points not being able to tell if you're halucinating or something is reality.

not fun stuff, but VERY common... more people have it then know about it and it's usually not that severe of course....
SilverHX4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 02:32 AM   #113
NewLude

just from personal experience .. I have done it

Dont get me wrong, it was fun at the time, but I no longer do it.

I never did a lot of it, but a friend of mine woke up in the morning smoking a bowl, and had 2-3 throughout the day. He is someone I no longer hang out with, but I know that he likely still does MJ...

here's how my life went...

I stopped doing it, saved money.. got a good job.. and am now a manager at a HUGE company. When I got hired, they did a drug test, and here is the interesting part. I found out from the doctor who took hair from my chest to test, that in GENERAL companies other than law enforcement agencies, will only go back 3 months on your history. That is approximately 1 inch of hair for the general population. I however have VERY slow growing hair (yes yes.. im going bald) and had about 2 weeks before this test shaved my head down to 1/4 inch or so... so they had to take the hair from my chest. They didnt yank it, they actually cut it.. and they cut from various portions of my chest/stomach. I tested clean as I hadnt done MJ in like 3 years before that.

My friend however, works remedial jobs at gas stations and other places. I am not saying working at a gas station is bad.. but come on guys.. pay scales...

he makes less than 25k a year..

I make over 50...

now these facts aside.. I believe that law enforcement agencies will check back 1 year for controlled substances. This usually involves a spinal tap which can be painful as HELL. The main reason that BOBS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY company wont do this, is because the cost involved. spinal tap 500+ dollars.. hair test... 150$. If you are going to find out that the person tested positive, how much do you really want to spend?

The other side of this, is that after you have tested once for BOBS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY company, they generally wont ever test again, unless they have reason to suspect anything.. this can involve continually showing up late, sloppy appearance .. etc.

so your best bet if you choose to do this kind of thing, and I am not advocating this.. is keep aware of your self appearance as well as your odor. I can still tell when someone had smoked MJ by the scent on their clothes, and I am a ciggie smoker!

Just my 2 cents worth on the subject.

NewL
Old 10-16-2002, 02:36 AM   #114
melteye

I dislike how you seem to think he is still in those type of jobs BECAUSE of marijuana.
Old 10-16-2002, 04:08 PM   #115
NewLude

dislike it all you want, facts are facts. He has applied for better jobs, and been turned down due to drugs in his system. All his money goes tward rent, and MJ.... the guy weighed 230 when I met him.. yes a little overweight.. but last time I saw him he was probably 170lbs... he is 6'8 for gods sake.. thats UNHEALTHY and he looked gaunt and pale... because he spends all his money on weed rather than food.

now tell me.. why I shouldnt think that MJ has caused these problems with him?

I am SURE that there are other things going on with him that I am not aware of, but here is the kicker.... none of this started until he started using MJ.

riddle me this batman.. what is the one thing that all of these things have in common?

now dont get me wrong, I am not saying that EVERYONE who uses it is likely to end up like this. I am not even saying that 25% of them are. What I am saying, is that HE did, and 1 person is enough for me to choose to not ever do it again.

With you, I understand that it helps you with your problems of bi-polar disorder among others, and I am glad that you have found something that can help you with these things as they are all very troubling diseases. again, I am GLAD that you have found that weed will help you with this, however.. I dont know you, and thus I cannot attribute your successes to my RL friends' failures.

This was a post tward Spaz who was asking who had/hadnt tried it, and I was telling him MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCES with it. I was not looking for approval from you.

There is a reason I dont get into political discussions and it is because its all based on openion.. guess its time for me to add another to the politics column of things not to discuss... drugs.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:44 PM   #116
melteye

We weren't discussing opinions... Read for yourself.

Eh... I'm done with the conversation anyways. As for the losing weight... Most people gain weight on marijuana. And the job I understand, but if marijuana wasn't illegal that problem would never exist... That "side effect" is from our government regulations, not marijuana.

You know what I mean? :o

Anyways, see you all later.