Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2003, 09:20 PM   #1
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

Exclamation ATTENTION Ohio members and surrounding states! *Carlisle update*

Carlisle Events partners with Norwalk Raceway for sport compact show
10/23/2003
MEDIA CONTACT (NOT FOR PUBLICATION): Becky Kunzman, (717)243-7855, ext. 116; beckyk@carsatcarlisle.com

Show field, drag racing featured at Carlisle Custom Compact at Norwalk

CARLISLE, PA – Carlisle Events has teamed up with Norwalk (Ohio) Raceway Park to produce Carlisle Custom Compact at Norwalk, an event featuring a show field and drag racing as well as other exciting activities. Held July 16-17, 2004, at Norwalk Raceway Park, the show will be a must-attend event for all sport compact car enthusiasts.

Although a sport compact show has been held at Norwalk Raceway Park since 1998, this event will differ in that it’s a two-day show and will have many more activities. The producers expect the show to grow tremendously in 2004. All 225 acres of the park will be available for this event, which will include a show field displaying all the hottest sport compacts customized from mild to radical.

Drag racing will be a huge attraction at the raceway. A large assortment of vendors will offer all sorts of aftermarket products and accessories. Activities at Norwalk in the past have included burnout contests, rock climbing, drag racing, sound-off competitions and seminars. Many other forms of entertainment will delight auto enthusiasts of all ages at the 2004 event.

The fact that Carlisle Events is producing this show in addition to its own Carlisle Custom Compact at Harrisburg event confirms the company’s commitment to younger automotive hobbyists. “We’ve maintained our commitment to the youth audience,” John Detrick, Carlisle Events’ CEO, said. “Our future is in nurturing the next generation. They are the single largest age group to ever impact the automotive hobby. This demographic is important not only to this business, but to the overall economy.”

“If I were 40 years younger, I’d either be dreaming of or owning a custom compact. No question about it!” says Chip Miller, co-owner of Carlisle Events. “I feel qualified in saying that the custom compact interest is a healthy thing – not only for the young people who own, modify or just admire them, but for the whole car hobby. These ‘kids’ are our future – they will carry the collector car torch into the next decades. I’m excited to be associated with the production of events for them.”

Bill Bader Jr., president of Norwalk Raceway Park, is also looking forward to the partnership between the two companies. “Carlisle Events, in short order, was able to grow a pretty large event. I would hope that this would become the largest sport compact event east of the Mississippi,” he said. “The sport compact event (at Norwalk) was a one-day deal, and it was nice what it was. We wanted to take it to the next level. … I realized immediately after having talked with John (Detrick) that the organizations are very similar in terms of business philosophy, in terms of integrity, and in terms of commitment to excellence. The culture and the environment are so similar that this thing is destined for incredible success. I’m just thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Carlisle Events, and I’m excited about the future.”

“Carlisle Events’ partnership with Bill Bader Jr. and Norwalk Raceway Park is an important step into our future and the future of these events,” adds Carlisle Events’ Chip Miller. “Norwalk Raceway Park is a perfect facility to produce a custom compact show, and its staff will work with ours to produce one of the finest events of its type in the country. We are focused and dedicated to continuing our presence in this growing market.”

Carlisle Events’ co-owner Bill Miller couldn’t agree more. “Our team and the Norwalk Raceway Park team will band together to present the finest custom compact show in the Mid-West,” he said. “Just think – the magic of Carlisle Custom Compact Nationals paired with the famous Norwalk 200-acre drag strip facility has to be the perfect match. All the excitement of the Carlisle show and drag racing to boot will make this a super event.”

The 2004 edition of the Carlisle Custom Compact at Norwalk event takes place July 16-17. For information, call the Carlisle Events Info Line at (717) 243-7855, or visit www.customcompact.com. Don’t forget to sign up for the e-newsletter to be the first to get updates on Carlisle Custom Compact at Norwalk.

Carlisle Events, host of more than 10 collector car, truck and motorcycle events each year, attracted more than half a million people to its events in 2003. Included in the annual schedule are two huge automotive swap meets and individual specialty shows featuring Corvettes, Fords, GMs, Chryslers, trucks, motorcycles, sport compacts and imports. Founded in 1974 by friends Bill Miller and Chip Miller, the “Cars at Carlisle” shows have attracted automotive enthusiasts from around the world.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:21 AM   #2
G-M-W
2nd Gear

ooo
G-M-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 11:24 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

sweet. maybe we can have a meet there

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 12:31 PM   #4
drdingo21

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
sweet. maybe we can have a meet there
what ever happend to our one meet? I thought you had it all planned out stefan
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 01:03 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by drdingo21
what ever happend to our one meet? I thought you had it all planned out stefan

ppl didn't wanna come because their hair hurt a lot

Old 12-04-2003, 06:43 PM   #6
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

FINALLY someone replyed! thank u! ya that would be kinda sweet if we did that.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:53 PM   #7
pimpinprelude

i will be up in pa this summer.. i dont know when tho... i will be in ellwood city.. in beaver. how far away is that??
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 08:46 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

like 45 min away from cleveland