Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > New Kid on the Block
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2002, 02:25 PM   #1
Jakethesnake

What up all

Hey all,
just saying hi to everyone. i guess you all wana know what i got...i just bought a 1994 accord ex. It's blue and it's got no balls....anyone got any cheap suggestion on what i should get to make my ride faster. I'm also looking into maybe engine swaping, but right now i got no money and if you know a place that sells cheap powerful engines i'm all ears. So i just wana say hi and i guess i'll see you people around.
Old 03-03-2002, 03:26 PM   #2
Jakethesnake

Hey i have another question.....my car doesn't have auto locks or power windows...how hard is it to install ones and does anyone know online companies that sell them??
Old 03-03-2002, 03:31 PM   #3
Maxvla

an ex that doesnt have power everything???
Old 03-03-2002, 03:38 PM   #4
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Hi!

I was wondering the same as maxvla.. You're car is probably not an EX.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 03:44 PM   #5
Lovebuzz13

Hmmm....I thought the EX had power everything too.

Welcome to the board!
Old 03-03-2002, 03:47 PM   #6
Jakethesnake

It's weird becasue it says Ex on teh door panel and there isn't a ex emblem on the back...so i dont know if it's ex or not...hold on let me check
Old 03-03-2002, 03:51 PM   #7
Jakethesnake

Okay so i checked the door and it doesn't say what it is...so i'm guessing it's not ex....so what is it????...anyways anyone got suggestion for mods and power windows/locks
Old 03-03-2002, 03:54 PM   #8
Jakethesnake

As you already can see i know sh*$ about cars...but i'm learning. All the know is that my car has no balls and i wanna give it some but i dont know what to add. I'm in college so i got money but in the summer i'm probably gonna get around 6 grand to spend.
Old 03-03-2002, 04:04 PM   #9
Maxvla

if it doesnt have power anything it might be a dx. even lx has power locks.
Old 03-03-2002, 09:19 PM   #10
4jacks

Well no matter what it is , for 6 K you can add some big balls to it . Although Accords are heavy cars , so for now you might want to pay attention to Weight Reduction. ...
As for power windows and lock... you can get (I forget the name) accuators i think... they mannually pop the locks and you hook them up to an alarm or keyless entry... I know a guy that can probably sell you some cheap, i just bought an alarm from him but, let me get it installed before i make any recommendations.
As for the Windows, i'm in the same boat, we need to get the door panels from the Junk yard, and get some window motors.
Haven't tried it yet, so i dont' know... let me know if you find out how hard it is.

Oh yea if you dont Engine swap, get Intake Exhaust Headers and a big phat huge Turbo .. and probably throw in Nitrous for 6K

WELCOME TO HS !!

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 07:24 AM   #11
Jakethesnake

Hey 4jacks...what do you recommend for a engine or turbo...i think a H22 will fit but it looks like a ***** to put in...and would it be possible for you to talk to your friend about the door locks...i really need to know how to get that working and what parts i need. Thanx alot
Old 03-04-2002, 09:05 AM   #12
girlzgotcarz

have you thought about getting the head done, or cam gears? or are you just holdin out for the swap? if you do swap what motor are you going to get? I might be able to hook you up with some one that can do that shit for ya or find some one who can... email me at
girlzgotcarz@lostprojects.com
Old 03-04-2002, 09:20 AM   #13
Jakethesnake

Right now i dont know what i am going to do to my car. What will getting the head done and cam gears do? For Hp wise. I'm just deciding if i hsould get the swap over the summer. Your email isn't working so you can email me at janasik16@yahoo.com
Old 03-04-2002, 06:17 PM   #14
4jacks

Quote:
Originally posted by Jakethesnake
Hey 4jacks...what do you recommend for a engine or turbo...i think a H22 will fit but it looks like a ***** to put in...and would it be possible for you to talk to your friend about the door locks...i really need to know how to get that working and what parts i need. Thanx alot

I'm really the worst one here to ask about the Engine, i'm all show and no go. But heres the info on the guy w/ the alarm and door triggers.
His name is Eli
His E-mail is protom@pacbell.net
His Ebay user Id is the same as his email. You'll have to write him and let him know your situation.
I basicly bought a unit that is an Alarm/Remote Starter/Keyless Entry system for $60 plus $20 shipping, I called him and he help me out w/ questions on putting it in. I put it in today, works great, only I can not use the remote start due to an Immbolizer that all 02 Honda's have.

Let me know how it goes!

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote