::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2002, 06:49 PM   #1
Wren57

Celicas... heh...

I just gotta say if you are into "performance" please dont buy a new Celica GT. I raced a "modded" one today and he was more than a car-length back at the end of first gear... its ridiculous how slow they are. It looked awful too. It had 17" White Motegi MR7s and clear altezza tailights ... also had a bigass exhaust on it... was blue and wingless... normally I like the wingless look but on the new celicas its just fugly!!! Anyways yeah, the new Celica GT is awful... the GTS however is quite nice, especially with the TRD Aero Package
Old 09-12-2002, 06:56 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

they don't look that bad but they are slower than my accord at times

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 07:10 PM   #3
'00EX5-turbo

really? i thought the GT can accelerate pretty fast.
Old 09-12-2002, 09:07 PM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

the gts's are faster(14.9 stock), the gt's are the low end model

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 09:19 PM   #5
Wren57

See theres the thing. I have raced a GTS before and it was a very close race up to about 100... and thats longer than 1/4 mile... it was a sportronic type shift with a girl driving (good friend of mine), and neither one of us cleared the other ones front bumper the whole time cept I did at the very end... That and I can beat 03 Mitsu GTS that run 15 or so stock... I dunno...
Old 09-16-2002, 10:30 PM   #6
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
See theres the thing. I have raced a GTS before and it was a very close race up to about 100... and thats longer than 1/4 mile... it was a sportronic type shift with a girl driving (good friend of mine), and neither one of us cleared the other ones front bumper the whole time cept I did at the very end... That and I can beat 03 Mitsu GTS that run 15 or so stock... I dunno...

I cant beleive i just read this.... 3 reasons i dont beleive you.
1) My brothers girlfriend owns a highlander so i know what it is capable of.
2)That thing would never beat a 03 mitsu GTS in its life
3) the only way you won is that guy did NOT know you wanted to race you bulky "van" type vehicle against him.
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 11:21 AM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
tiptronics are slower... but nice race

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 03:30 PM   #8
ShEaNy

SUV's are fast man...lots of torque ..Ive lost to one before...and i have beaten others....u never know whats under the hood...and maybe the person in the celica didnt know how to drive...i gota go pick on one my self and check it out..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 05:16 PM   #9
Wren57

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver

I cant beleive i just read this.... 3 reasons i dont beleive you.
1) My brothers girlfriend owns a highlander so i know what it is capable of.
2)That thing would never beat a 03 mitsu GTS in its life
3) the only way you won is that guy did NOT know you wanted to race you bulky "van" type vehicle against him.

Lets do a little background review before we flame, ok? Do you have any idea what modifications I have done to my Highlander? For all you know I couldda custom turbod it or set some nitrous in the intake manifold... but you don't know this, so dont talk without something to back it up. Ok? I have seen Ford Festivas run 11s, so lets not be biased against the model of car... we are all car enthusiasts here and appreciate anything that performs well, so if you want to troll find somewhere else. What else would you like for me to correct you on?
Old 09-17-2002, 05:54 PM   #10
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:

Lets do a little background review before we flame, ok? Do you have any idea what modifications I have done to my Highlander?

Umm... your sig says just basic mods

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 06:21 PM   #11
Wren57

Yeah they are just basic, but they make a big difference... I now have 2.5" piping with Magnaflow muffler and custom "ram-air" intake... my stock airbox sucks hot air from near engine, now it is colder air directly exposed to oncoming wind... that and stock piping is about 1" with a really restrictive resonator/muffler... that and my gearing is lowered .1- Dont forget the lighter-than stock rims/tires...

So yeah, lets apply some general rules of thumb:
Exhaust adds 5-10%HP, as does the Intake
My car starts at 220HP and 222TQ
so thats between 22HP/22.2TQ and 44HP/44.4TQ increase with both the exhaust and intake...
Im not sure if these numbers are completely accurate, but there is a huge seat-of-pants feel between now and stock...

That and is your brother's girlfriend's Highlander a v6? Does it have AWD? Cause mine does, and all of we (yes this is correct grammar) who are educated here know that Mitsus have trouble hooking off the line...

Shall we continue or is everyone through doubting?

Last edited by Wren57 : 09-17-2002 at 07:48 PM.
Wren57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 07:06 PM   #12
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

22-44 hp increase in an exhaust!!! Geez, not even a turbo car benefits that much. I buying a Highlander!
Old 09-18-2002, 05:27 PM   #13
fastasfoggy

two issues ago of sport compact car they had a nice thing on celicas.....they showed all the new stock ones and a couple that were pimped out....they liked them alot
Old 09-22-2002, 08:15 PM   #14
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:

Lets do a little background review before we flame, ok? Do you have any idea what modifications I have done to my Highlander? For all you know I couldda custom turbod it or set some nitrous in the intake manifold... but you don't know this, so dont talk without something to back it up. Ok? I have seen Ford Festivas run 11s, so lets not be biased against the model of car... we are all car enthusiasts here and appreciate anything that performs well, so if you want to troll find somewhere else. What else would you like for me to correct you on?

Honestly if you have done anything next too "basic mods" woudlnt you like to post that? Say you did custom turbo it you would be the first one NOT to put that. I would love to shake your hand if you have done anything like that and NOT put that.
Old 09-22-2002, 08:19 PM   #15
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:

That and is your brother's girlfriend's Highlander a v6? Does it have AWD? Cause mine does, and all of we (yes this is correct grammar) who are educated here know that Mitsus have trouble hooking off the line...

Shall we continue or is everyone through doubting?

Im still doubting... And yes it is the V6 series with AWD. The mitsu may have trouble and the line but i still dont think you won. But like i said before maybe he didnt know you wanted to race him.
Old 09-22-2002, 08:19 PM   #16
Wren57

Oh get your panties outta a wad... I was just using an example... thats why I said "for all you know"... my point was just to not criticize someone or someone's car before you know anything about him/her/it... the v6 isnt fast, but it is quick for an SUV... i'm not claiming to have a rocket by any means, but it is faster than most percieve it to be... still doubting... oh well nothing I can do about that... just strengthens my case on why I should spend more money on a digi camcorder!