::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2002, 10:14 AM   #1
Honda_Gurl

automatic shift knobs?

i've got an automatic prelude ( i know ), but anyways i've been looking to change the knob on it, but can't find any made for automatics. do u guys know where i can find a nice one??
Old 04-25-2002, 10:18 AM   #2
gee

i've got an auto accord... i was actually thinking about getting one too, but after one of the threads a few weeks ago about how they tend to get loose and maybe even fall off, i just decided to stick with the stock. I know some people actually glue the knob on to make it stick, but for me, that seems kinda unreasonable.

Unless of course someone knows of an auto shift knob that actually fits well....

just my opinion,
gee
Old 04-25-2002, 01:26 PM   #3
ShEaNy

ok theres one company out there ... but all they make is Carbon Fiber looking ones.... i think i seen it at stillen.com or somewhere else.. gimme some time and i'll find it..i too was going to get one and just paint it white or something.. Auto rules!!! lol
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 02:29 PM   #4
Honda_Gurl

cool, ya let me know if u find where u saw them at. i don't mind gunmetal, i kinda like it
Old 04-25-2002, 02:45 PM   #5
blownteggy

razo makes sum.
Old 04-25-2002, 08:59 PM   #6
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

here.
Found some....I have delt with autodynamic.com before...really nice and easy to deal with.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 09:17 PM   #7
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by gee
i've got an auto accord... i was actually thinking about getting one too, but after one of the threads a few weeks ago about how they tend to get loose and maybe even fall off, i just decided to stick with the stock.

That whole thread was about MANUAL knobs, such as the Momo line... they get loose because they get thrown around.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 12:51 AM   #8
gee

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX

That whole thread was about MANUAL knobs, such as the Momo line... they get loose because they get thrown around.

haha sorry my bad... i thought ppl were just talking about knobs in general.... so usually the automatic ones dont get loose that easily?
Old 04-26-2002, 01:05 AM   #9
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by gee

haha sorry my bad... i thought ppl were just talking about knobs in general.... so usually the automatic ones dont get loose that easily?

I haven't heard of it happening, but I don't have experience with autos, sorry. I'd go ahead and get one if you want it. Its not like you shift an auto that often anyway, its just for looks.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 09:33 AM   #10
Mushroom

this thread gave me an idea - what if you removed the plate around the shifter and wrapped vinyl, glued the edges and attached a knob like the one dereks_civic posted. then your auto would look like a manual, at least until someone saw you use it.
Old 04-26-2002, 09:55 AM   #11
Honda_Gurl

ghetto style baby lol...just playin

i don't really think i'd ever do that. i think it'd still be pretty obvious that it was an automatic. oh well, i've learned to be okay with it.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:11 AM   #12
Mushroom

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Gurl
ghetto style baby

Yup. If you were cool, you'd sell the auto and get a manual. No, wait, if *I* was cool I'd sell my civic and get a 'lude.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:57 AM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
this thread gave me an idea - what if you removed the plate around the shifter and wrapped vinyl, glued the edges and attached a knob like the one dereks_civic posted. then your auto would look like a manual, at least until someone saw you use it.

lol i had the same idea too, but it seems that i'm always short of money. well maybe you could get the manual knob and adapt it to auto, and when you want tho switch gears just press on it. gotta do it in 2 weeks from now

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 11:52 AM   #14
Honda_Gurl

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom

Yup. If you were cool, you'd sell the auto and get a manual. No, wait, if *I* was cool I'd sell my civic and get a 'lude.

i'm already cool cause i sold my civic to get a lude seriously i traded in my old civic for my prelude. actually i really really want a manual, but there aren't any around here for sale. my dad sells cars, so i bought it from his lot, it's the first prelude he's had, so i took it, not my choice that it was an auto
Old 04-26-2002, 12:02 PM   #15
Maxvla

my auto shift knob which is identical to the ones pictured above wouldnt stay on at all... the auto's are worse about staying on than the manuals... the button you push to allow you to change gears is actually a rod that moves up and down on a spring and its constantly pushing the knob up the shaft and eventually off. thats why mine literally pops off sometimes.

ive gone back to stock.
Old 04-26-2002, 04:10 PM   #16
Honda_Gurl

uh oh..so maybe i should just forget it? it's just the stock one seems so big to me. maybe there are some better quality ones.
Old 04-29-2002, 10:58 PM   #17
Accord

I had the red knob pictured above in my civic,and i had no problem at all with.If i had to buy another one for my accord i'd choose the same one but in different color.
Old 05-08-2002, 12:50 PM   #18
midn12ght

yep. i went back to stock for this reason. i was all excited to get an ractive one years ago - polished to match my ebrake - and then those 3 damn screws - scratched the metal housing of the shifter and would never stay on thereafter. sidenote - i'm thinking about cutting through that metal and shortening the shifter altogether NO, THIS IS NOT FOR SHORTER SHIFT< BLAH BLAH>, IT IS FOR AESTHESTICS ONLY!!!, as it's way too high. a friend of mine has a cabrio and their shifters are all short. it looks good :P will post pics when i do it.

for now, keep your stock shifter. otherwise, check out ebay - there are NEWER knobs that claim they don't strip for autos. they're the type r ones I think?
Old 05-09-2002, 09:14 AM   #19
Honda_Gurl

ya i saw those, but i wasn't too exited about the whole type r thing hmm..i guess i'll just have to keep my eyes out for something..