Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2001, 11:19 PM   #1
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

Neons on interior???

Just wanted to see who had or will have Neons in there rides?

I currently have to blue streetglow rods under my dash and I'm goin to add neons in the trunk area and probably under the seats.

I have blue Strobes in my vents now and will probably add a couple more to the interior..

thanks for taking the tiem to look and share...

Old 12-28-2001, 02:59 PM   #2
BrandonClaps

i did all the neon strobe shit to my s10 xtreme

nothin to this car until i get it lookin good first (body kit, rims)

the strobes i had were nova (police strobes) got in trouble so many times with those lol they were awesome

http://www.8op.com/S10Xtreme

for pics of my truck goto "Pictures" duh
Old 12-29-2001, 08:45 PM   #3
azn_nite_ryder

where can you order these NOVA police strobes??? i've been trying to find them everywhere.... ahhhhhh
Old 01-01-2002, 02:05 PM   #4
DemonicAccord

I dig neon in the car if done subtle like, I don't like seeing the tubes, just the ambient light. I like black myself. Undercar kits are tricky, I think they can look good, but when i see a beautiful accord rollin and its got bright pink undercar neon....well, I feel sorry for that person, jm2c
Old 01-26-2002, 02:28 PM   #5
93chromeacc

I have neons on the inside and ground efx. Being the person that I am, I love attention, and the ground efx are great for that. Poeple always like or at least ask about them. But fo the inside, it's mostly the girls that like em. It's too much wiring and tickets from cops everywhere in my car right now, to where I aint puttin more, but takin some out. But I like the concept of all the lights too. Do your thang man
Old 01-28-2002, 08:50 AM   #6
h82lose

i have neons also up the ying yang. neons in the engine, underseats, in speaker box, under amps, in trunk, under car, etc etc.

as for the strobes.. i got my hands on a Whelen set of strobes (6 total) got it underground in a NY speedshop paid 350 for them

Whelen is the same brand cops, staties, and ambulances use. be very careful when you use them!

as for Nova.. they are not as bright as whelen and they are a cheaper price than whelen too
Old 01-28-2002, 10:46 AM   #7
93chromeacc

so where else besides NY can u get these strobes? No where on the net?
Old 01-28-2002, 02:24 PM   #8
h82lose

Where to get strobes online

Yup.

http://www.strobesnmore.com/specials.htm?10

Nova and Whelen strobes are exactly the same. Nova started after the CEO of Whelen quit and started his own company. they are both backwards compatible (i had to replace a bulb with a nova bulb cause it was cheaper)

also. at the bottom of the page you can get kits with 4 bulbs.. but notice that the box supports 6 bulbs.. so get 2 extra bulbs and cables.

2 strobes in front
4 in rear
Old 01-28-2002, 02:51 PM   #9
93chromeacc

Re: Where to get strobes online

Quote:
Originally posted by h82lose
Yup.

http://www.strobesnmore.com/specials.htm?10

Nova and Whelen strobes are exactly the same. Nova started after the CEO of Whelen quit and started his own company. they are both backwards compatible (i had to replace a bulb with a nova bulb cause it was cheaper)

also. at the bottom of the page you can get kits with 4 bulbs.. but notice that the box supports 6 bulbs.. so get 2 extra bulbs and cables.

2 strobes in front
4 in rear

thanks, preciate it.
Old 01-31-2002, 08:09 PM   #10
BrandonClaps

yep i got mine from strobesnmore.com but he had a deal on ebay.
Old 02-15-2002, 07:09 PM   #11
4jacks

I'm all For Neons !! Just strap em Everywhere ! The thing I like is having the car light up... There's nothing better then ever one staring at you cause your face is blue! I dont like seeing the bulbs from the outside of the car, cuase of cop potential, and it's just annoying to other drivers. But the best place I found for them is on the Door panels. I had two 15" blue streetglows in my probe on the door panels and two 10" below the rear seats on that vertical section. That lite the car up pretty nice, I had lint tint and the whole interior just had a nice blue glow !

I'm still in the neon planing process for my civic. I REALLY wanna get some on the door Panels, but i dont wanna have to take off my map pockets. I did that on the probe and could never make it look right.

Also Switch Placement, I have a little hole compartment thing under my parking brake, it's a 02 HX interior, Has anyone ever used that for switchs ?? is thier enough room under it ??

Patrick
4jacks

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 08:40 PM   #12
Azkikr111

ive heard about putting strobes and blacklighes hidden in the a/c vents and stuff, but ive yet to find strobes powerful and strong enough and small enough to actually look sweet in thoe little circular defrost vents and the vents over my cd player....

anyone got any suggestions, or know of any nice strobes that can fit in those places without actually comprimising my a/c capabilities (florida sure is hot during the summer)
Old 03-06-2002, 08:54 AM   #13
BrandonClaps

the streetglow strobes aren't that bad. hiper is pretty good i believe also. When i did my neons i made sure that the other drivers couldn't see the bulb AND i couldn't see it. I just wanted to see the glow.

edit: stobes were meant to say neons in "when i did my"
Old 03-06-2002, 08:56 PM   #14
Azkikr111

true true
Old 03-07-2002, 05:36 PM   #15
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

well I just got the strobes that you would find in any Pepboys or Super Trac etc..

I drilled out holes in the vents and plastic areas around the vents to mount my strobes. They light up the vents very nicely..

hope this might help some..I've also found them on www.ebay.com or the street glows should work but a little more expensive..
Old 03-12-2002, 08:02 PM   #16
Azkikr111

how long did it take you to install those strobes?...do they light up much more than the a/c vents at all?...like a little bit into the cab at all?...how far back did you drill your holes?...man i dont mean to be anally paraniod, but i just wanna be damn sure before i drill any holes in my a/c vents, lol
Old 03-18-2002, 07:37 PM   #17
slowEJ6

i put led's in my vents.....only thing i worry about is when i have the heater on if it will cause them to melt or something. but its not cold enough for heat anymore here, so i guess ill worry about that in the winter
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 08:34 PM   #18
Azkikr111

Quote:
Originally posted by Whtehnda93DXSdn
well I just got the strobes that you would find in any Pepboys or Super Trac etc..

I drilled out holes in the vents and plastic areas around the vents to mount my strobes. They light up the vents very nicely..

hope this might help some..I've also found them on www.ebay.com or the street glows should work but a little more expensive..

what was the brand that you actually got?....do they blink fast enough to really trip you out?...or are the them slow blinking pilot strobes like the ones you'd put on head lights?
Old 03-25-2002, 05:35 PM   #19
lx4life

i am going ot add blue neons in my gauges and behind the heatre and air control and maybe in the trunk since i have no light back there.
Old 03-26-2002, 08:29 AM   #20
azn_nite_ryder

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
i put led's in my vents.....only thing i worry about is when i have the heater on if it will cause them to melt or something. but its not cold enough for heat anymore here, so i guess ill worry about that in the winter

i dont thnk the heat gets that hot to melt the leds....
but i still got a good laugh. i dunno.... im tired man.. too early in the morn and i dont like listening to the teacher.... boooo
Old 04-04-2002, 05:54 PM   #21
FeelMyRide

I just bought me a lotta neons..
Got 2 24in ones for the back, 2 12in for the front seats, 6 lil round ones for in the vents and my gauges.

Anyone have theirs rigged to go on when the door opens.. like to replace the dome light? I'm planning to do that with the 4 larger neons. Gotta take the roof off But my question is.. do u cut the wires and run them to the existing down or toward the fuse?
Old 04-04-2002, 11:53 PM   #22
HKSaccord

How do u install neones. They say u cut off the cigarette lighter adapter then what would you do from there?
Old 04-05-2002, 12:19 AM   #23
FeelMyRide

Quote:
Originally posted by HKSaccord
How do u install neones. They say u cut off the cigarette lighter adapter then what would you do from there?

You can splice the wires and run them to a power source. I've seen some spliced with the dimmer on the gauges, I havent seen them spliced with the dome light, I'm sure its do-able but I'd rather know first b4 I took apart my sunroof and roof to try to figure it out
Old 04-11-2002, 09:54 AM   #24
ShEaNy

k i was wondering where do u hook up all the wiring too? like when i tried to put some in my car i didn't know where to hook them up too i just had two running out the lighter sooket which i know isn't that good.... and i took em out a little later..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 01:38 PM   #25
ddr_max

i have 2 10 inch blues under the dash .i had some mounted where the clothes hangers were in the back but the po's made me take them off .i also have leds in my vents and hood lights and a set of fuse vsl blue lights that make my rims look like this at night

Old 05-08-2002, 05:46 AM   #26
Damaclese

I have 2 blue neons in my Civic. One under each front seat The wiring is pretty simple. I just cut the cig lighter adapter off, and ran the positive wire to my instrument panel light fuse in the fuse box, and the negative to a bolt that hooked to the chassis. When wiring, make the positive goto your power source, and the negative as a ground and it'll work fine.
Old 05-08-2002, 12:37 PM   #27
midn12ght

what about switching? if i want to turn them on/off - aside from hooking them to the panel dimmer?
Old 05-08-2002, 12:59 PM   #28
Damaclese

I've been meaning to get around to installing a switch for my neons but haven't yet. Just get a switch of your choice at any hardware store. Most switches will have 3 leads to connect the wiring, but just hook the positive wire to one end of the switch, and the negative to the middle lead. And then run the positive to your power source and the negative to a ground. Now this should work. But since I'm no electrician and since I've never done it before, I'm not 100 percent sure.
Old 05-09-2002, 09:31 PM   #29
blind34_1

I have neons and LEDs in my civic. I have the LED strips hooked into my amp so they pulse, but I also have a DPDT switch so I can turn them to off, pulse, and steady on. (I am proud to say I had no help) I have red neons on the back shelf, that pulse, but they are the crappy Evil-Mart 9.99 neons. Still pretty decent though - i dont care: I enjoy them.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 09:35 PM   #30
blind34_1

Here's somethin else. I don't know if anyone else has these or if they are considered stupid. Windshield washer LEDs? I think these are so cool lookin! Basically they are a replacement for your washer spouts on your hood that have front-projecting LEDs.
(found em at Autozone for $10)
Old 05-10-2002, 03:17 AM   #31
Damaclese

I had some of those. They were the chrome ones and were VERY blue. I got pulled over because of them and the cop told me to take them off because here only emergency vehicles can have blue or red lights projecting from the front of the car. So I took them off. But I plan to put them back on just because the chrome looked good, but I don't plan to wire them up.
Old 05-10-2002, 04:22 PM   #32
blind34_1

yeah I haven't got pulled over for anything yet. I wired a nice lookin switch right into my dash so if I happen to see a cop, off they go. Does anyone know of an easily accessible resource for the laws in a particular town?
Old 05-10-2002, 08:27 PM   #33
Damaclese

Any laws for a particular town are hard to come by, at least in any text based format. Easiest thing to do is call you local law enforcment and ask them what's legal. But as far as I know, most laws concerning cars and stuff are made at the state level. Try looking up your state Department of Transportation and see what they say. Because I think the DoT controls just about everything when it comes to transportation laws.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:45 AM   #34
ddr_max

i just added green leds to the headlights,corners and rear tail blinkers they look mad tight
Old 05-15-2002, 03:20 PM   #35
blind34_1

I found a directory for all state's DOT departments. here it is:
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/webstate.htm
Old 05-16-2002, 12:56 PM   #36
midn12ght

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1
Here's somethin else. I don't know if anyone else has these or if they are considered stupid. Windshield washer LEDs? I think these are so cool lookin! Basically they are a replacement for your washer spouts on your hood that have front-projecting LEDs.
(found em at Autozone for $10)
i hate those! so many people in cali have those now it's ridiculous. a lot of times there on a car they could have saved that dough for something else, you know.

first suburbans & neons with altezzas, now this!

someone pass me the chrome mudflaps and fake gold cell phone antenna please!

it's funny, some things take on fast and others don't, like those led license plate screws(have yet to see installed) and those lighted valve caps(have yet to see anyone with them either).
Old 05-16-2002, 12:57 PM   #37
midn12ght

Quote:
Originally posted by ddr_max
i just added green leds to the headlights,corners and rear tail blinkers they look mad tight

do you have pics? i've only seen the "city light" effect installed on civics(strange)
Old 05-16-2002, 03:08 PM   #38
ddr_max

Quote:
Originally posted by midn12ght

do you have pics? i've only seen the "city light" effect installed on civics(strange)

no pics yet should have some over the weekend
Old 05-23-2002, 11:28 AM   #39
BizzlePizzle

very nice...im digging all the ideas im getting on this page...im way out in indiana so you wont be able to see me stealing your stuff lol.... but anyway, i have neons just on the interior, under my steering colum, and on the passenger side under the glove box. It looks pretty cool, but now i have to do something to the back seat and im out of ideas!
Old 05-23-2002, 07:21 PM   #40
blind34_1

I've never done this, but you could mount some neons toward the rear of your front seat (underneath). angle them so the glow would project toward the back seat. wiring that would be fun!