::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Hybrid
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2003, 06:06 PM   #1
A5295

GSR swap in 95 Dx

I am considering the purchase of a junked GSR from a fellow locally for the sum of $1200. It is a complete car, and runs great. It has a little over 100K on the dash, but no damage to the interior, engine, or transmission. Are there any chronic issues, or is there anything to watch for with this type of swap?

I am unsure of the yr of this car as well, so i am wondering about maybe an OBD conversion, if the gsr is OBDII. How much trouble would it be to do?

THe car already has mods, such as skunk2 cams, cam gears, header, exhaust and some suspension changes.

newb/ricer question:
What kinda 1/4 mile times will i be looking at?

Any tips/suggestions about this particular swap?
Old 10-01-2003, 10:27 PM   #2
blind34_1

1200 aint so bad, considering you are getting a full car. how are the wheels and interior? yoiu could make some cash ebaying those parts and the aftermarket parts, and use that money to rebuild the engine.
a gsr has 170hp @ 7600 RPM and 128ftlb @ 6200 RPM, so its an awesome swap for you. its probably unlikely that the car is obd2, because it would have to be a 96 or beyond. I'm pretty sure the GSR was started in 92 (although it was a 1.7, the newer ones 1.8, right?)
i've heard that obd conversions are a paiin, but I have no first hand expereince.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 01:41 AM   #3
A5295

it is a 3rd gen integra, and as far as i know, the interior is imaculate the car was in great shape the last time i saw it, which was before it was wrecked. I will probably try to look at it tomorrow, or this weekend.