::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2003, 11:30 AM   #1
civicr93

160mph gauges for 93DX

I got a 93 civic DX and i need gauges that go higher than the factoy 130 (it only reads 120 bt they goto 130) and all the white gauges i have found only read 120, any help is good,
Old 02-18-2003, 12:09 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i would totally advise against it. the 160 mark will be where the 130 mark is and it will read bogus speeds.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 12:11 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
i would totally advise against it. the 160 mark will be where the 130 mark is and it will read bogus speeds.

ditto, you'd need a custom speedo recalibration, etc.... and does your civic hit 160?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 12:26 PM   #4
civicr93

im not actully sure my unkie's (uncle) is a Jeff. co. sheriff he clocked me at 143.58 one time but it also cracked factory heads, but now i got the 93' si heads, but thanks for the help
Old 02-18-2003, 12:41 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by civicr93
im not actully sure my unkie's (uncle) is a Jeff. co. sheriff he clocked me at 143.58 one time but it also cracked factory heads, but now i got the 93' si heads, but thanks for the help

You really hit 144 in a civic dx w/ just an intake? That's pretty damn fast. Anyway, I guess there isn't much you can do about the speedo, unless you can find another stock gauge cluster that will fit that has a higher speedo.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 12:52 PM   #6
civicr93

i've had my engine pistons bored, intake manifold polished, si headers, straight pipe for my cat. conv. its a tad bit more then "jus an intake"
Old 02-22-2003, 09:10 AM   #7
oc civic

Quote:

complete total BS.. and by the way there chief.. civics have ONE head... v-8's and some v-6's have HEADS as in 2.. you are completely makign this up, and probably have NO idea what the head even looks like
Old 02-22-2003, 09:13 AM   #8
oc civic

Quote:
i've had my engine pistons bored, intake manifold polished, si headers, straight pipe for my cat. conv. its a tad bit more then "jus an intake"

you had your pistons bored???? HHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

once again dude you have a 4 cyl.. it has ONE header/exhaust manifold..

you are SO FULL OF SHIT ITS FUNNY....

must be those altezzas that get you up to 160...

if you went 140 mph in YOUR civic the ten year old suspension would EXPLODE...
Old 02-23-2003, 12:31 PM   #9
HondaTypeJ

rfol
Old 02-23-2003, 04:58 PM   #10
Zexamericano

Quote:

Wow! Thats pretty fast with a stock DX ECU, Id say you might of hit 43.58. Thats if your lucky. Doesn't a stock DX head only have 8 valves. You would have done more than cracked the head at almost 145 mph in your car with an intake. Buy your boltons, get nitrous and you might see 130 thats also if your lucky.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:27 AM   #11
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by Zexamericano
Wow! Thats pretty fast with a stock DX ECU, Id say you might of hit 43.58. Thats if your lucky. Doesn't a stock DX head only have 8 valves. You would have done more than cracked the head at almost 145 mph in your car with an intake. Buy your boltons, get nitrous and you might see 130 thats also if your lucky.

why would nitrous effect his top speed.. i have nitrous.. i ONLY use it to drag race.. id never use it at like a top speed pull.. youd be spraying too long.. it just makes no sense.. i have gone 120 with NO nitrous.. and feel the car without bottle EASILY makes enough power to go 130.. my only concern would be suspension..
Old 02-24-2003, 08:37 AM   #12
oc civic

Quote:

nevermind don't bother replying to my posts.. i just did a search on all of yours.. and you said "Hello all, Im new to this board and I have a problem. I have a 92 Lx Civic 1.5 Automatic. Big problem huh? Just jokin. I love the car, I just put the motor in with 30,000 miles on it. I have an OBX carbon fiber CAI, TC throttle body, a custom mandrel bent exaust and a 65 shot Zex nitrous kit."

but yet in your signature it says 125 shot.. thats what confused me.. i KNEW there was NO way you were running a 125 shot

and in another post you say you are running 225 tires.. HOW THE HELL are you doing CORRECTLY that???to my knowledge which is pretty good, you can NOT fit them CORRECTLY on a honda at stock hight.. let alone a lowered one..

and lastly to answer your question that you post about being able to spray in all gears... let me break it down for you.. Honda+auto tranny+ any reasonable horse power = broken tranny... IF you spray (or keep spraying) your car WILL break soon...

that is all
Old 02-24-2003, 09:08 AM   #13
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

oc just did some ownage

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 09:55 AM   #14
Zexamericano

Fitting properly or not the 225 tires on on there. The zex kit with no jet at all sprays 125 shot, properly or not it does. If my tranny goes out big whoop my uncle owns a junk yard. Its really funny how you don't have a clue because the tires on 16's fit fine, they don't rub the fenders at all, they just look badass. The car is slammed to the ground and it still drives fine wide tires and all. The rims and tires came off a BMW, my friends. My sig post says Im running a 125 shot because when I first put the kit in I sprayed a 125 shot for the hell of it. I've got the burnt valve in my console to prove it. It by no means means I'm currently spraying a 125 shot. Your right you were confused, im glad I could clear that up for you.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:59 AM   #15
Zexamericano

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic
why would nitrous effect his top speed.. i have nitrous.. i ONLY use it to drag race.. id never use it at like a top speed pull.. youd be spraying too long.. it just makes no sense.. i have gone 120 with NO nitrous.. and feel the car without bottle EASILY makes enough power to go 130.. my only concern would be suspension..

Your car probally could hit 130. But why does everyone worry about suspension. Mine always works fine at high speed. But I've never tried to turn that fast.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:17 PM   #16
oc civic

Quote:
The zex kit with no jet at all sprays 125 shot,

you could not be more wrong
Old 02-25-2003, 07:43 PM   #17
Zexamericano

Then clear it up for me, what does a Zex kit with no jet spray????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????.

Just curious.

The guy that did the valve job on my head told me that.

He could be wrong.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:02 AM   #18
oc civic

Quote:
Then clear it up for me, what does a Zex kit with no jet spray????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????.

Just curious.

i just called zex.. they laughed at such an absurd question, BUT he agreed with me that it would be around the 200 HP mark do to the incremental size increase if the jetting wholes

btw.. glad i could clear that up for you...
Old 02-27-2003, 06:56 AM   #19
Zexamericano

Holy moly! Now wonder my bottle feels so empty...Damn jet trolls, they keep pulling the jets out of my intake.