::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2003, 09:34 PM   #1
Q-Ball

Installing power locks on a DX?

Has anyone installed power locks on a civic DX? Is so, could you tell me how to go about installing them. Also how do you go about taking the panels on the door off to get to the lock? thanks
Old 01-24-2003, 04:07 AM   #2
Zanza

I just paid to have it done, since I already had a alarm it cost me a bill.
Old 01-27-2003, 09:16 AM   #3
Azkikr111

auto door locks

i got automatic door locks installed professionally when i had my alarm system installed, keyless entry is cool, only problem is i dont have a switch to lock/unlock my doors on the actual door, but im looking into it, anyone else know how i might go about installing a driver side switch on the door?
Old 01-27-2003, 05:56 PM   #4
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

if you get keyless entry on your DX, and the guy tells you NOT TO MANUALLY UNLOCK THE DOOR LISTEN TO HIM

dear god i broke my passenger door lock off, it sux

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 04:14 PM   #5
Azkikr111

oh wow, they never told me that thanks for your input, so what am i supposed to do though?...keep on turning on/off my alarm system from inside my car with the keychain every time i wanna hop out real quick?

(my doors automatically lock once the car turns on, and dont unlock automatically till it turns off)

thats why i want to install an oem switch on the driver side door that controls both doors...

btw, does anyone know how to do that to an aftermarket pair of auto door locking mechanisms?
Old 02-01-2003, 04:44 AM   #6
Zanza

Quote:
Originally posted by Azkikr111
oh wow, they never told me that thanks for your input, so what am i supposed to do though?...keep on turning on/off my alarm system from inside my car with the keychain every time i wanna hop out real quick?

(my doors automatically lock once the car turns on, and dont unlock automatically till it turns off)

thats why i want to install an oem switch on the driver side door that controls both doors...

btw, does anyone know how to do that to an aftermarket pair of auto door locking mechanisms?

I have the same exact quest. I thought it was just me. Anyways I learned its a bad idea to unlock ur doors manually. But hey like you said its pretty unrealistic to try turning your car off and on just to unlock your doors.

You also know its possible to get power windows right? But my guy says its not a good idea because there isn't a quality after market motor that runs for more then a couple months.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:24 AM   #7
Azkikr111

yeah, i'd like auto windows too, there is a kit for dorr locks and windows on ebay for sale, but even if i did get that kit, ive seen behind my door panel, and power windows seems to be a little too complicated for me. If i were to get power windows, id go straight to the handa dealership and have them do it for an arm and a leg....just because i love warranties...i guess im just a warranty kinda guy
Old 02-12-2003, 03:18 PM   #8
maikoshi

an arm + a leg for power windows? -- how much approx. is that?
Old 02-14-2003, 07:50 AM   #9
Azkikr111

i saw a "power window kit" on ebay about a month ago it ran for i think $150-$250....

plus i know its an absolute nightmare to try an install something like that on a car without original p/w...my suggestion, if you absolutely have to have p/w, is to go to the dealer, and prepare alot of cash to throw down (prolly about $500)........but if you decide to do it, tell us how it works out....cuz i am actually considering doing it, lol
Old 02-14-2003, 03:55 PM   #10
Zanza

Quote:
Originally posted by Azkikr111
i saw a "power window kit" on ebay about a month ago it ran for i think $150-$250....

plus i know its an absolute nightmare to try an install something like that on a car without original p/w...my suggestion, if you absolutely have to have p/w, is to go to the dealer, and prepare alot of cash to throw down (prolly about $500)........but if you decide to do it, tell us how it works out....cuz i am actually considering doing it, lol

The guy that does my electronics, told me not to get after market power windows. He said just go to dealer. When I was getting my remoteless installed I asked could he do windows, he said "Yea, but the motor would break in like 6 months". He's a pretty honest guy, he coulda just ripped me off.

So I'd agree, if you really want power windows either go to Honda, or wait till a HIGH QUALITY after market one comes out.
Old 02-15-2003, 01:24 AM   #11
Civic98

oh wow, it funny how i called the Honda dealership and asked them how much they would charge me for putting power windows on my car and they told me they don't do that kinda stuff.....

but i checked it out at this other place and they said they'll install it for $275 and that includes their kit ...and that's just for p/w.
Old 02-15-2003, 03:55 PM   #12
Zanza

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic98
oh wow, it funny how i called the Honda dealership and asked them how much they would charge me for putting power windows on my car and they told me they don't do that kinda stuff.....

but i checked it out at this other place and they said they'll install it for $275 and that includes their kit ...and that's just for p/w.

Makes since I guess, why would they want to help you make your car into a better model. That saves you too much money as opposed to buying the model that has the features anyways. Well if I were you, I'd find someone else that has it installed so you have a good idea of how it works out.
Old 02-15-2003, 04:10 PM   #13
Kyle
elyK

I could probably rig you a ghetto fab power lock setup...loljust buy the screws and strings and i got your back...lol

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 06:29 PM   #14
Civic98

i don't really care about gettin power door locks.....i just want power windows i hate rolling up and down those windows..
Old 02-17-2003, 12:29 PM   #15
Azkikr111

shit man, i want all power the more power the better
Old 02-20-2003, 10:53 PM   #16
Zanza

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/framed...rdoorlock.html

this site has some reputation for their aftermarket power door looks. They sell the kit, you have to provide a place for the rocker though.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:01 PM   #17
iRACEmyCTR

anyone ever check what the price would be to get 2 doors from an EX?
Old 03-10-2003, 01:31 PM   #18
Scarlemthug

This company makes HIGH quality PW and PL. http://www.autoloc.com/

If you want a switch for your power windows or locks just get one from a junk yard, there should have been one with the kit though.

Im getting PL for $55 and power windows are $200-300 depending on the type of motor and kit you get.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:41 PM   #19
98DXCP

this would cost a lil more than just a kit but you can go and get like Ex doors that have power windows and door locks. Plug and play I think
Old 07-25-2003, 03:01 PM   #20
vamp8267

>Has anyone installed power locks on a civic DX? Is so, could you >tell me how to go about installing them. Also how do you go >about taking the panels on the door off to get to the lock? >thanks

Well, I got a 90 dx hatchback and I also have a 91 lx 4 door for parts. I'm working on changing out the power windows, power door locks, and the dual remote windows into the hatch. I'll let you guys know how it goes when I'm done. I'm also going to attempt to add the cruise also. I'll post a how-to if i'm successful