::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2004, 02:48 AM   #1
Kool-Aid

The Carpet

The carpet interior of my car is coming loose...now Im not sure if this has happend to anybody before but I was wondering if anybody has experienced this and let me know what they did to fix it.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:04 AM   #2
4drmadness

Well what do you mean that it's coming loose? that might help a bit tp understand what's going on and get better help/response...
Old 04-06-2004, 12:46 AM   #3
Kool-Aid

Well...let's just say that i can probably rip all of the carpet out of my car with ease because it doesn't stick anymore...I can flip a piece of the carpet back and see what's under it...the frame of the car I think. Does this help?
Old 04-29-2004, 08:06 AM   #4
Fatal070

Ask b16 ... a.k.a Tim ... he installed "new" carpet he might be able to help you..
Old 04-29-2004, 12:16 PM   #5
B16DoHcCrx033003
4th Gear

there are these push button thinks kinda like push rivits that hold it down on both corners near the front of the door on the inside? i dont exactly what part of the car ur talking about? but just dont get new carpet its a pain in the ass to get in took me forever and its hard to cut all the wholes and made a mad ass rash on my arms... its horrible...
B16DoHcCrx033003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 03:00 PM   #6
Kool-Aid

So then what do you suggest that I do to get this fixed? Is there a place where you can get it professionally done or should I just get ghetto and pull out the super glue??
Old 04-30-2004, 01:03 PM   #7
B16DoHcCrx033003
4th Gear

hmm see if any of the push rivits are missing.... ther wil be a whoe int he carpet there they went through and into the body.... if you find any missing make a run up to Lowes... they have them.. where the bit drawrs of bolts and screw etc... ... they have an automotive drawr and thats what it in..... if and you cant find any push rivits dont glue it u dull when ull need to pull it back up.... might be good off making another push rivit whole... but u will have to second that with someone on here.... be drilling a whoe in the body... and making a tiny whole in the carpet and pushing one throught... make sure u make it right tho becuz its a pain in the ass to get them out....
B16DoHcCrx033003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:34 PM   #8
Kool-Aid

I'll try the push rivet thing...one way or another I'll do something creative...he he he
Old 05-01-2004, 12:26 AM   #9
AkimboStylee

yeah mine are ripped, stupid non-certified audio installers just pulled the carpet, they also cracked the door sill so now i have to buy a new carpet and door sill, i know it is not fun but hey in the end with paitence it will look good, also i need a pair of seats, anybody got any that aren't broken, dont care for rips that is why they made seat covers!
Old 05-02-2004, 04:00 AM   #10
Kool-Aid

I was gonna invest in some of those racing seats...some black ones....those would look nice in my car but I think it would look funny with a stock backseat...what do you guys think?
Old 05-02-2004, 01:57 PM   #11
AkimboStylee

yeah it would, but hey you could at least take them out and get a shop to weld in the brackets and put 2 more in the back!
Old 05-03-2004, 04:03 AM   #12
Kool-Aid

Ha ha ha....that would look funny...I think I'll keep the seats...but I really want some racing seats!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2004, 01:53 AM   #13
Sivik

racing seats look fine with stock back seats just as long as the colors match or blend. you could always have your rear seats re-upholstered or even order new ones. or you could go audio style and just get rid of them all together and replace with subs

My Car

My Car is for sale
Sivik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 02:33 PM   #14
AkimboStylee

^ thats what i am talking about!!
Old 05-05-2004, 03:47 AM   #15
Kool-Aid

Ha ha ha...you're sayin to just remove the backseat completely and put subs in place of the backseats?? That is something to think about...but I know that I am always giving people rides and I do get groceries so I dont know about all that...I would have to get gray racing seats though....any websites anybody's been to with this kind of stuff?
Old 05-05-2004, 03:06 PM   #16
AkimboStylee

black on black racing seats will match
Old 05-06-2004, 01:21 AM   #17
Kool-Aid

My interior in my Civic is like...a medium gray color so the black won't work....it would have to be gray...
Any websites?
Old 05-19-2004, 10:44 PM   #18
95DX
2nd Gear

I believe tunedbymatrix.com has them and Pep Boys carrys them the only problem is no one I know of sells racing seats in gray you would need to change your interior color or the cheapist way get the seats reupolstered(sp?)
95DX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 05:14 PM   #19
AkimboStylee

black on grey looks good! i dont know what your talking bout, just get solid black seats
Old 06-06-2004, 11:40 PM   #20
Shot 2 Hel

dont get seats from pep boys... most companies who make racing seats offer them in a variety of colors.

Try www.sparco.com www.recaro.com (I'm not sure those are the right sites but those are the company names "Sparco" and "Recaro" and both of those are really good seats so just see what you can get with those)
Old 06-07-2004, 02:26 AM   #21
RxGoaT13
4th Gear

or you could just buy some seat covers for the back
RxGoaT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 10:51 PM   #22
Shot 2 Hel

thats what i would do with the back seats but those links were for the front
Old 06-09-2004, 12:35 AM   #23
SuperHero500

http://sportscar-parts.com/mivastore... ct_Code=sp938

Sparco racing seats with adjustable back... plus there is a gray and black seat .
Old 06-21-2004, 01:14 AM   #24
babyskulls

The sparco site is www.sparcousa.com They got some very nice seats however they run quite abit
Old 06-21-2004, 01:19 PM   #25
Kool-Aid

Thanks, I'll check those sites out...