Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2003, 05:16 PM   #1
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

95 coupe door upholstery how to ?

I wanna get rid of the gray cloth and throw some black vinyl in, but the problem is the plastic rivets on the door are the kind where they melt them so they arent removable, so i have to break them off. What i need to know is how to fasten the door insert back on in a non ghetto way. i cant 'just glue' it because the upholstery will wrap around, etc..

basically what im looking for in info from someone whos done it, seen it done, or something like that.
Old 05-31-2003, 09:38 PM   #2
jonhenry15

Unfortunetly I can't help you but i'm just posting to say that i have a 95 coupe and i also hate the gray cloth and want some black in there so if you find out a good method let me know.
Old 06-01-2003, 08:01 PM   #3
jdmegcivic2nr

i did the same thing dude.. either use some screws and big washers, or a strong 3m two way tape. i did the same thing man.. let me know how yours come out. i am in this process right now as we speak
Old 06-04-2003, 02:11 PM   #4
tboneoo3

Here you go guys. You will need a couple of sharp X-ZACTO blades preferable the ones that are shaped like a chisel. That way you can cut the tops off of the welds. They should then just pop out with a little force.You may need to cut around some of the welds. I don't know how you plan on glue the vinyl so let me know and hopefully I can give you some pointers. I just did my entire interior of my 93 del Sol. The best way to attach it is some small 1/4 inch sheet metal screws and some washers. You may have to built up the washers so you don't screw through the font of the door. There is a dimple in the weld. Start screw them in there working down the door. It will all pull it self flush against each other. Remember take your time the panal cost around$250
Old 06-05-2003, 01:20 AM   #5
sc0rch

if you dont have exactoblades you can basically rip the weld off....i made door panels for iszu troopers.....and they have the same babric type thing on them.....and when we messed one up we just broke it off.......or get some side cuts(plier like things made for cutting)and cut the welds off......and a good way to put them back on is....drywall anchors......they make them really short.....and they are plastic and have teeth on um.....there made to hang stuff on drywall where there is no stud.......they would work pretty well.....
Old 06-05-2003, 09:53 AM   #6
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

dremel (or like) tool w/ a circle cutter works great to cut off the caps of the welds

just get some some screws w/ washers to hold them in after

www.jdmfan.com has the how-to (but the damn place has been down forever...)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 02:10 PM   #7
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

YEs he is right, i took the door off
went into home depot
found some that fit
and it works all sexy like