::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2003, 12:34 PM   #1
Azkikr111

Arrow 5-spd Guage Cluster conversion

ok, i bought an automatic guage cluster for 2 reasons, 1:i really want an in-dash tach,, and 2: i found it for cheap as hell from a private seller.

now im pressed with one more issue....does anyone know how to blacken the automatic shift guages by the temp/fuel guages?...i know that worst comes to worse i can always just get 5spd indigos, but i wanna see if i can 1st just get rid of the shift lights 1st?

if anyone knows, or has a good idea, its much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-19-2003, 05:22 PM   #2
Zanza

does the cluster come with the stuff needed to hook up the tach? and i'm not sure what you mean by the lights, heh i've only driven a auto civic once.
Old 02-21-2003, 08:16 AM   #3
Azkikr111

yes, the tach will hook directly up to my car...

the lights im talking about are the shirt lights between the fuel & temp guages (P,N,D,D1,D2,R)...you know, those things...how can i get rid of them/black them out?
Old 02-21-2003, 04:56 PM   #4
Zanza

I read somewhere that they just wouldn't come on. How will you reset the odometer to read the correct mileage?

I'm looking into doing what your doing. I'm not into the pods that much.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:55 PM   #5
Azkikr111

i just decided to say screw it, cuz the odometer will be in KM also, and itll just screw me up, ill just swap out the speedometer & odometer, and then just cover it with indiglos....itll be kinda ricey (in my opinion) but itll solve my problems w/ everything
Old 03-02-2003, 10:33 PM   #6
Azkikr111

does anyone know how difficult it is to install indiglos gauges?....the kit i bought comes with instructions, but i know some people pay up to $100 for installation...does anyone have any experience in doing this?...and how much faith would you have in a kid who follows instructions perfectly? i mean....$100?!?!
Old 03-05-2003, 10:08 AM   #7
kilo97civic

I did indiglos on my 97 civic in like an hour...its easy...they are trying to screw you...just be careful with the needles...they dont come of you have to slide the gauge over them...
Old 03-08-2003, 11:01 AM   #8
HondaTypeJ

Eh? Putting on a gauge cluster with a tach onto a DX doesnt require you to do some wiring? I thought that there was a seperate wire cluster that connects into the back of the cluster just for the Tach...Hmmm...